Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Drove A GT-R this weekend

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drove A GT-R this weekend

Well, (TLRD at the bottom)
I had no idea what i was in for this weekend! I was visiting my gf who lives about two hours away (thats another story) in a smaller town in Montana. Population is like 10,000 tops. Anyway, I am driving down the main street off the interstate when I notice a very distinct car, but it was in the glare of the sun and i couldn't quite see it. Then... it got closer and I'll be damned... a GT-R. Most likely the only one ever in Montana, since we have no dealers that service the beast.

It pulls into the gas station and I look at my gf and yell "GT-R, GT-R!!" She looks at me like wtf and asks what the pretty black car is... I roll my eyes and refer back to me saying "GT-R." The guy pulls into a parking space, I pull up next to him, roll down my window and strike up a conversation.
Get this, this guy describes the GT-R as "his beater" He is waiting on his new baby, a Porsche GT2. We only talked for two minutes but my jaw was still on the floor.

Fast forward to later that day. My friend who I stay with when I'm in town texts me and says "the ricers are back" He works at a snowcone stand in the ACE hardware and we always laugh about the ricers (picture included). He knows very little about cars and thinks just about any car with a wing is a ricer. I'm like OK, just had some wings now i need a laugh. I head over there and to my pleasant surprise, the GT-R is sitting there amongst the actual ricers. I go up to my friend and I'm like... "do you have any idea what that is??" again, no clue. I went over and talked with the guy again. He was slightly arrogant but he was overall a cool guy in his late thirties/early forties. After a quick introduction and hand shake he looked at me and asked if I wanted to drive it. "Uhhhh, well I really do but at the same time I really don't" Then he asked again. After a few seconds of thought... YES! We climb in and start her up. First thing he said was that I better not kill him and that any ticket is my ticket.

We start talking and talking, everything about him and the car and just two guys chatting about everything cars. I even knew a few more things than he did . When I first pulled onto the main street again, I opened it up and it shot to 40mph in the blink of an eye. This was by far the fastest car I have ever driven, and probably ever will drive. Headed on to the onramp and shot to 80mph in a few seconds.

Drove for a good twenty min. No hard cornering, just accelleration and lots of looks from others.

Needless to say, the ricers were jealous when I got back

TLDR: Visited my gf in a small town, see a GT-R, get a boner, owner asks if i want to drive it and I do. Smile still intact.

And, the ricer.

Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:46 PM

I drove one in Japan. Man those things are beasts! The owner of a restaurant in Yokosuka had a Red one. If I won the lottery,,,,,
Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

damn you are lucky. i would have rather driven that civic though (maybe it's a civic?)
Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:47 PM
Account Disabled

That's awesome.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:48 PM

I rode in Forged Performance's R35 and it was amazing. The road handling was incredible!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 105 Likes on 84 Posts
lucky bastard
Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

cool story!!But i will say you will probably drive a faster evo one day.My friend has a 2.3l green evo and put down 480whp and 530tq!I drive hiw quite often and guarantee it would destroy that GT-R.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You put "ricer" above the pic of that hooked up blue thing. Didn't you mean "racer?" I mean, he's part of a racin team and all...

Crazy story though, good stuff.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by btownsoccer22
damn you are lucky. i would have rather driven that civic though (maybe it's a civic?)
i think thats a prelude
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:22 AM

the gtr is an amazing car. I have worked on a few of them and drove on on 25psi
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:26 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
it was your lucky day my friend
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

congrats, but next time bring a high boosted EVO. Still the quickest car I've been in is mine.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

what a story! lucky...
Old Jul 28, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by D420mac
congrats, but next time bring a high boosted EVO. Still the quickest car I've been in is mine.
My evo used to be the fastest car I've driven, then I borrowed a friends Superleggera for a weekend. My current motor build began about a week later, lol. It should regain its title as the fastest car I've ever driven in a couple weeks.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

LOl Cool What was your top spd? and how quick was the acceleration? Yeah your EVO should always be the fastest car you've driven in........Good luck with the build!