Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Residual Current?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Residual Current?

Ok so I was doing some testing yesterday by wiring some LEDs to the tail light bulb on the trunk which only comes on when the headlights are on. When I press the brake the LEDs come on. Now this I don't really understand because it is not wired to the brake light bulb. Can anyone help me out with this?

The brake lights are on the actual body. The night tail light is on the trunk. So I had to run it through the rear elbow. It is not even in the same place as the brake light.

I took the whole back off the car and found that not only are those red bulbs on the trunk lighting up when you press the brake but also the rear sidemarkers are as well. Could it be that the less amount of current that the LEDs are using are pushing more current back through teh circuit? If so why are they making the side markers and trunk rears come on when I brake? Also I have resistors on the actual brake lights because that prevents the car from thinking the brake switch is busted. Could that be the problem? I am really out of my realm here.