Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

A/C Compressor issues

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C Compressor issues

Hello I have a 2002 lancer that the A/C compressor will not engage. I don't believe the compressor is bad. I have checked all the fuses and relays for the system and nothing is burned out. The single wire that goes to the A/C compressor when hooked to a test light gives no sign of having power. I am at a loss have checked everything I can think of. I tired charging the A/C and the compressor worked for a little bit then just stopped. Is there a common system short? Thanks for any feed back in advance.
Old May 28, 2014, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Does your compressor engage when you jump your relay with current?
Old May 28, 2014, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if the system ran with a mild charge then went out---you have a system ac Freon charge issue...if the Freon is too low it wont come on. If its clicking in and out, off and on with a small charge you need more for it to engage and stay on.. go vacuum the system and recharge and it will work.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M-Ray90
Hello I have a 2002 lancer that the A/C compressor will not engage. I don't believe the compressor is bad. I have checked all the fuses and relays for the system and nothing is burned out. The single wire that goes to the A/C compressor when hooked to a test light gives no sign of having power. I am at a loss have checked everything I can think of. I tired charging the A/C and the compressor worked for a little bit then just stopped. Is there a common system short? Thanks for any feed back in advance.
I bought a 09 lancer gts in Phoenix where it was 110 degrees but the only way I can get to compresser to stay on is to over charge it almost 100psi it’s ice cold and stays on for a good amount of time I dunno I think it might be a compresser bearing I can definitely feel it in the car when it kicks on cuz it’s way overcharged