Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

How to identify if a Lancer has keyless entry built-in?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to identify if a Lancer has keyless entry built-in?

Hey there,

I just picked up a 04' OZ Rally and suspect the car might have keyless entry capability, as it has 4-door automatic locks. The thing is, the owner gave me two aftermarket keys and no remote, so I really have no clue if it does or not. It seems like my model should have it as a standard feature.

Is there any way I can check to see if the car has the capability built in? If so, what is the remote model # I should look for to get it to work and where is a good place to purchase it?

On a side note, does anyone know of a good place to get OEM key blanks - these aftermarket keys are really annoying!

Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2013, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shorebreak
Hey there,

I just picked up a 04' OZ Rally and suspect the car might have keyless entry capability, as it has 4-door automatic locks. The thing is, the owner gave me two aftermarket keys and no remote, so I really have no clue if it does or not. It seems like my model should have it as a standard feature.

Is there any way I can check to see if the car has the capability built in? If so, what is the remote model # I should look for to get it to work and where is a good place to purchase it?

On a side note, does anyone know of a good place to get OEM key blanks - these aftermarket keys are really annoying!

Thanks!
The 4 automatic locks doesn't mean anything, however, it should, my 03 ES has keyless entry from the factory. I did not get any remotes with mine when I bought it way back. I found some OEM fobs online for like under $10 ea and then found the procedure online to pair the fobs with the car.