Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

SRS Catback Silencer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SRS Catback Silencer

Installed the cheap Ebay headers and the SRS Catback Exhaust today. I have the stock Rear Cat in this set up. After installing with all new gaskets I started the engine with the silencer in the muffler and it sounded like it wasn't even in. It was in but I Did notice it only came with one hex nut but it stayed in the muffler on a 15 mile drive. I research on hear on what the silencer looks like and it seems like I got a different one then what usually comes with it. At least thats what it looks like to me. I do want my exhaust to be quieter then with out the silencer. I researched on here and noticed that people have said that the silencer makes it alot quieter.

So I would like the exhaust quieter then it is now. Here is what i think could be the reasons why It is louder then what I think is normal. (with the silencer in)
1. I installed headers also
2. Maybe exhaust leak
3. Forgot to check but maybe the covers on the extra o2 fittings on the downpipe are loose or maybe fallen off. I read that someone on hear said it sounds like a tractor with those gone.
4. This is what i really think it is. The Silencer is smaller then what most people have.

Included are pics of the silencer that came with the SRS Catback.

Any comments or questions will help. Thanks.

Also If this helps... removing the silencer is very easy for me. Almost like its too loose in there. :\

Last edited by Sam Barder; Jun 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think this is the silencer that comes with it. Or this might be what the difference is between the srs and the n1 catback systems.

http://www.k2motor.com/universal-n1-...FSRo7AodwywAqQ