Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Wiring Help! Car not Starting!

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2013, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring Help! Car not Starting!

So I have an 04 Lancer ES. Im turning it into a rally car and the entire thing is stripped. I removed everything about a month ago. All the electrical stuff that used plugs has just been laying around the back seat area and ect, disconnected. I've been driving car and everything has been fine. Today I traced the wires and made sure they didn't go to anything serious, or so I thought.

I only cut a few things, speaker wires, trunk light, back window brake light, (all located behind the back seat, driver side, left shoulder height). I did by accident cut across a ground, which at tip had 6 black ground wires running to it. The only other wire was a air bag wire (passenger side, in the b-pillar), but the air bags have been removed for about a month.

Long story short, the car won't start now. It cranks, and almost starts, but can't. It was running right before I cut these. My guess is the ground or the air bag?
Old May 29, 2013, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For anyone else, don't accidentally cut a ground, lol. I got it fixed and running. Just need to be re-connected.