Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Electrical problems after fixing wire harness.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical problems after fixing wire harness.

I had to have a mechanic a chunk of the wire harness (located in the upper left side of the trunk) and rewire it with a new harness without purchasing a brand new one. I have an Evo VII (I believe) tail light on my 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally. I have the all red one, but the basic setup looks like this: http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/...MILA02F_DP.jpg

Anyway, the problems I am having. When I hold down the brake, my left turn signal lights up. It doesn't flash and its not very bright, but the brakes somehow make the left turn signal show up very dim (maybe 30% of normal brightness, but its noticeable). When I have my brakes activated AND I have the left turn signal on, the blinker flashes really fast. Finally, when I brake, on the lower picture, the lower bulb (the one that is white on the picture, it is red on mine) lights up brighter and the two upper lights dim, when it should be the exact opposite.

These problems only occur in my left tail light and left turn signal, my right tail light and signal work perfectly.

Any ideas?