Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Car won't start!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car won't start!

Ok, so recently on 2 separated occasions i go to my car to start it up and nothing happens. No crank or anything but all the lights work so i assume the battery is fine. One time i press the pedal and the car started right up. The other time i tried to do that and stepped on the pedal 10+ times but nothing happened. I let it sit for 30 secs and turn key and car started right up. So i am confused on what is happening. I think that it may be the started motor that is giving out but not exactly sure. Its been 2 weeks now since car did that. At the moment my car is starting up fine and drives normal. But i would like to know the problem and try to fix it before the car just randomly die again.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its likely one of two things. You either have a bad connection somewhere likely a ground or its your starter. If its your starter then before buying a whole new one, pull it out and then pull the back cover off of it by where the starter connetions are. Alot of times its just the contacts inside the starter that wear down. $5 part vs a new starter.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
It could also be a worn out ignition that isn't engaging every time. Check connections 1st, make sure that they are tight and clean of corrosion. If that is good and car won't start. Put car in park and try jumping the starter connection. If it engages you have a bad ignition. If not, starter is going bad.