Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Blinker wont flash with old or new bullb, all other lights work properly.....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Blinker wont flash with old or new bullb, all other lights work properly.....

Alright guys, this is my first post so lets see what we can get going here....I recently purchased a 2002 OZ Rally and I am liking it a lot so far. I am trying to get all the little things fixed for inspection and the only thing I cannot get to work is the FRONT DRIVER side blinker. All of the other blinker lights flash when turned on, only the driver side flashes at a quick pace. I just bought new bulbs for all the front lights and the same blinker was not working before or now after I changed them.

I have checked the fuses, rechecked the bulbs and harness....any clues as to what this may be?? thanks for your help guys.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:37 AM

As well when I start the car cold it revs at about 2000 then drops down to between 800-1000 after about 20 seconds...is this the warm-up cat (front cat) or an O2 sensor in the front or the back? forgot to mention that thanks for any insight
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:41 PM

Anything??????????

Come on guys nothing out there....still have the problem and my I need inspection done bad. anything helps...have done all of the obvious, fuses, wiring, harness....please help
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

blinker fluid?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So are you sayng it works but flashes fast? Or are you saying the drivers side flashes fast AND one does not work? Fast flash is just something that means you have a turn signal out on that side. If the front turn signal is working but flashing fast then check the other bulbs as one is not working on the drivers side. You have 2 blinker lights in the front headlight, one on the front by the grll and the other on the side by the fender. You also have the side marker turn signal and the tail light turn signal bulb(s) (cant recall if the stock rear tails have more than one turn signal bulb I havent had stock tails for years.)

If you have a socket that isnt working new or old bulb then the socket or wiring to the socket is bad somewhere. If it was a fuse or relay none of the signals would work.

The cold start is pretty normal although maybe a little high (havent had a stock idle in years either lol) The ecu wll keep the idle high on cold start to get the engine warm quicker and will drop as it warms up.

Last edited by 03lances; Nov 1, 2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:41 AM

fuse

cheek the fuse it can be connected to other fuse if their is one not dedicated to blinker. let me know if you need more help i figured you prob fixed it by know.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by evolutionxtac
blinker fluid?
you best be joking