Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

P0304 Miss fire

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0304 Miss fire

Hey Guys!

Today, I was driving to school, and my check engine light went on. When I was getting up to 40 mph. It felt like the car was lagging when getting up to speed. It was doing that lately. So I found out its a

Misfire in Cylinder 4.

Is she in need of a tune-up or a new injector or what?

I have 101k Miles on the car, so I should do a tune-up weather it would fix the P code or not.

Thanks,
-Coollol123
Old Oct 4, 2012, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All the computer is saying is for some reason #4 cyliinder is not firing correctly. So likely it is either, the spark plug, the coil, or the fuel injector.

If it has been some time since the last tune up I would start there it wont cost much in parts. If you still get the code after the tune up then try swapping the coils around to see if the misfire jumps to a different cylinder.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
All the computer is saying is for some reason #4 cyliinder is not firing correctly. So likely it is either, the spark plug, the coil, or the fuel injector.

If it has been some time since the last tune up I would start there it wont cost much in parts. If you still get the code after the tune up then try swapping the coils around to see if the misfire jumps to a different cylinder.
Okay, now I get it. Thanks,

Ummm As I can tell, This car has probably never had a tune-up. So I'm going to do one. But, before I do, should I change the coil packs cause I mean they are 70 bucks a piece. But, If I don't I wouldn't be doing everything in terms of the Plugs, wires, and stuff.

Thanks,
-Coollol123
Old Oct 5, 2012, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by coollol123
Okay, now I get it. Thanks,

Ummm As I can tell, This car has probably never had a tune-up. So I'm going to do one. But, before I do, should I change the coil packs cause I mean they are 70 bucks a piece. But, If I don't I wouldn't be doing everything in terms of the Plugs, wires, and stuff.

Thanks,
-Coollol123
You can do plugs and the two wires. No need to change the coil(s) until you identify the problem lies with the coil itself. Coil packs are not a wear item meaning they do not need to be changed out unless there is a problem with them. Unlike plugs, wires, cap and rotor (for distributor which we do not have) which are wear items and need to replaced every so often.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
You can do plugs and the two wires. No need to change the coil(s) until you identify the problem lies with the coil itself. Coil packs are not a wear item meaning they do not need to be changed out unless there is a problem with them. Unlike plugs, wires, cap and rotor (for distributor which we do not have) which are wear items and need to replaced every so often.
Okay! Thank God. Alright this is the answer I needed! Yeah, Why waste money on the coils if they are not the problem, and you're right, They don't wear.

Thanks A Bunch!
-Coollol123
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:45 AM

Any update on this???