Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

brake light switch problems

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brake light switch problems

Hey all, I've been dealing with a temperamental brake light switch over the last couple of months. In early June I had a guy stop me and tell me my brake lights weren't coming on. Ruled out fuses and bulbs. Moved onto the brake light switch, gave it a quarter turn, adjusted it forward a bit and presto! Its been working flawlessly since....that is until yesterday..so I tried adjusting it again, but this time no luck. Now here is the wierd part, I'm getting no brake lights while pressing the pedal from inside the car. If I press the brakes from the top of the pedal it works fine.(i.e. If I have the drivers door open and put one leg in and engage the brake pedal that way) I'm stumped, I figure of the switch was bad/stuck I wouldn't get brake lights no matter how I pressed on the pedal..that and I can only adjust the switch backwards and forwards on its track, not up or down....
Any ideas? Of course I'm supposed to be going out of town with the car this Friday to boot....
Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by myke79
Hey all, I've been dealing with a temperamental brake light switch over the last couple of months. In early June I had a guy stop me and tell me my brake lights weren't coming on. Ruled out fuses and bulbs. Moved onto the brake light switch, gave it a quarter turn, adjusted it forward a bit and presto! Its been working flawlessly since....that is until yesterday..so I tried adjusting it again, but this time no luck. Now here is the wierd part, I'm getting no brake lights while pressing the pedal from inside the car. If I press the brakes from the top of the pedal it works fine.(i.e. If I have the drivers door open and put one leg in and engage the brake pedal that way) I'm stumped, I figure of the switch was bad/stuck I wouldn't get brake lights no matter how I pressed on the pedal..that and I can only adjust the switch backwards and forwards on its track, not up or down....
Any ideas? Of course I'm supposed to be going out of town with the car this Friday to boot....
Thanks!
did you ever figure it out?