Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Assistance please. AC/PS tension pulley bolt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2012, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assistance please. AC/PS tension pulley bolt

Weird title, I know. My AC compressor froze and the belt shredded. I didn't think much of it, just figured I'd live without AC and PS (of course now it's getting hot- supposed to be 102 on Sunday). When I was pulling into a parking lot the tensioner pulley goes rolling out from under my car. I looked for the bolt but couldn't find it. I still have the adjustment bolt that slides the pulley forward and back, but not the bolt that holds that pulley on said adjuster.

Does anyone know what the part # is for this bolt? It's not described in the service manual. Is this something I might be able to pick up at Lowes or Home Depot?

I have not found a salvage yard near me that have a 02 or 03 lancer that I can pick off of. I moved across state for grad school and now that I'm not near four wrecking yards all sorts of things are giving me trouble. Yes, I'd be will to negotiate for that bolt
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:13 AM

I'm pretty sure your just going to have to buy a new tensioner. It probably better anyway depending on when the last time you changed it
Old Jul 14, 2012, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

I think you're thinking of the timing belt tensioner. I don't think many others have tried to replace their AC/PS pulley assembly.

Anyway I had to replace both bolts. Unfortunately they're both described as Tensioner Pulley Adjustment Bolt. The left-hand thread bolt with the odd groove in the head, which moves the pulley is part #MD312404. The bolt with the threaded head that holds the pulley to the adjustment bolt is part #MD124336 for the Lancer, MF450155 for the 99-03 Galant V6 and MF434105 for the 2000-05 Eclipse V6 (in case you can't find the Lancer part proper).

The pulley itself is super easy to find on eBay, too.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:54 AM

I'm sorry to necro this post, but I just had to buy these two parts and thought I would share prices. I found them on ebay for about $30 with shipping. Called the local dealership and they quoted me $20, so I'm going to pick them up there.

The stud that holds my pulley on is slightly bent on my car causing the pulley to be slightly out of alignment. 06 Lancer ES.