evolutionm.net - Home of the Lancer Evolution
Home Features Community Marketplace Registry Garage Store

Go Back   evolutionm.net > Lancer Forums > Lancer (DE,ES,GTS) 2008+ Forums > Lancer (DE,ES,GTS) Tech Forums > Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Used CarsGarageVendor Directory
Search

Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

Welcome to EvolutionM.net!
Welcome to EvolutionM.net.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old Jun 6, 2011, 07:58 AM   #16
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: GenPu Mazdaspeed 3

captobvious75 captobvious75
So what should i run then? Redline MTL or Redline MT-85 in my tranny?

Prior:
2009 Tarmac Black Lancer GTS 5 Speed

Old Jun 8, 2011, 01:54 AM   #17
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2005 Evo & 2008 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to djslik408
or oem mitsu fluids.

Old Jun 8, 2011, 09:24 AM   #18
Evolved Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2008 Lancer GTS 5 spd w/ sun&sound

I would get the MTL-90 as it is the specified weight of 75-90 that our manual calls for. Unless you want to pay 25$ a litre then don't go to Mitsubishi!

Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:58 AM   #19
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: Lancer 09 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by captobvious75 View Post
Yes I am using MT-85, read the specs. Our gearbox requires GL-3 oil, GL-5 will be too heavy. The dealer had put GL-5 in my gearbox & the gear was difficult to select until very hot. The gearbox on the 2009 & up is of anew design and the gear oil in Mits book say NEW MULTI-GEAR OIL.. I put MT-85 in just recently .I have included the web site, read the info for your self. There is alot of info on gearboxes but try & talk to older guy or who has some racing background. I now in Europe people use molybdenum lubricant (Molycote) had to gear box oil it makes it shift smoother and this helps with syncros/ friction plates.

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=140&pcid=7.

and you can purchase fro R R is not available locallay.
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclfluids.htm

Old Jun 9, 2011, 07:02 AM   #20
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: Lancer 09 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by captobvious75 View Post
If you have your owner manual near by check page 7-17 & 9-11.

Old Jun 16, 2011, 04:36 AM   #21
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by s84kam View Post
This transmission oil is quite hard to find, especially being from DiaQueen. The dealership wants way too much and i was wondering if I could substitute it with AMS oil/royal purple/red line 75W-80 GL 4

You can use Super UDT fluid for as a substitute, which will work well without the mark-up.

Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:36 AM   #22
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: GenPu Mazdaspeed 3

captobvious75 captobvious75
Weird... i called Mitsu in Kanata and they aren't using Mitsu's Diaqueen for our cars... they said they are using something better from Wynn's.

I told them i don't care as long as i have papers from Mitsu showing I bought from them for warranty purposes... i think the part number is 66303 from Wynn's website

Prior:
2009 Tarmac Black Lancer GTS 5 Speed

Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:43 PM   #23
Evolved Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandguy09 View Post
Yes I am using MT-85, read the specs. Our gearbox requires GL-3 oil, GL-5 will be too heavy. The dealer had put GL-5 in my gearbox & the gear was difficult to select until very hot. The gearbox on the 2009 & up is of anew design and the gear oil in Mits book say NEW MULTI-GEAR OIL.. I put MT-85 in just recently .I have included the web site, read the info for your self. There is alot of info on gearboxes but try & talk to older guy or who has some racing background. I now in Europe people use molybdenum lubricant (Molycote) had to gear box oil it makes it shift smoother and this helps with syncros/ friction plates.

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=140&pcid=7.

and you can purchase fro R R is not available locallay.
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclfluids.htm
The GL number is NOT weight designation, the 75-80 is the oil weight/viscosity. The GL is oils designation to what additives it has and what types of transmissions it is designed for, like engine oils our car calls for an SM or greater, but always the same weight, 5-20.. 75-80 GL 3,4, or 5 is just fine for the trans.

Old Dec 8, 2013, 02:37 AM   #24
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: Proton Iswara/Inspira

besides redline, any other brands producing w80 gear oil for the F5MBB?

Old Dec 8, 2013, 07:28 AM   #25
Evolved Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: Lancer Ralliart '06; Jeep Patriot 2010; VW Jetta diesel '03

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamShaft View Post
I would get the MTL-90 as it is the specified weight of 75-90 that our manual calls for. Unless you want to pay 25$ a litre then don't go to Mitsubishi!
Yes, save the few dollars on fluid, then spend a thousand on a tranny rebuild. I'm from the 2004-2006 Ralliart camp. Our guys have reported trying all the tranny fluid options. There have also been many synchro and bearing failures reported by guys using the popular aftermarket oils like Amsoil and Redline. Read the threads there for details.

I track my car a lot, and have only used OEM Diaqueen Mitsu tranny fluid. Transmission still shifts perfectly going on 8 years. Just sayin'... you get what you pay for.

Its simple. Mitsu warrantees drivetrains for 10 years under normal use - think they don't develop the most appropriate fluid for your tranny?

Want a Canadian Mitsu Diaqueen supplier that's not a dealer? In Hamilton, ON: https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/home.php
The owner's name is Ziggy, he's an older racing guru, and manufactures in-house many of the parts he sells. I've only ever got good advice and service from him.
ECU reflash Hackish, 5Zigen, BFG Comp-2, Accolade wing, T-Sport shift light, B-Quiet sound proofing, Techna-Fit brake lines, AMS shifter bushings, RTM weighted shift knob, Auger shift pattern plate, MFactory magnetic drain plugs, Green Stuff brake pads, custom 3" intake, STRI oil temp gauge, evo9 roll stopper, Aftershock UDP, Redline hood lift, Depo black tails, RexSpeed mirrors, RexSpeed vortex generator, Whiteline sway bar, DEI header wrap, NRG aluminum lug nuts, Odyssey mini-battery, CG-Lock, Swift springs, PS cooler, B&M oil cooler, Energy Suspension bushings, Flowmaster DBX muffler, custom hood vent, battery trunk relocation.

Last edited by RalliartN; Dec 8, 2013 at 07:40 AM.

Old Dec 18, 2013, 08:58 PM   #26
Evolved Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartN View Post
Yes, save the few dollars on fluid, then spend a thousand on a tranny rebuild. I'm from the 2004-2006 Ralliart camp. Our guys have reported trying all the tranny fluid options. There have also been many synchro and bearing failures reported by guys using the popular aftermarket oils like Amsoil and Redline. Read the threads there for details.

I track my car a lot, and have only used OEM Diaqueen Mitsu tranny fluid. Transmission still shifts perfectly going on 8 years. Just sayin'... you get what you pay for.

Its simple. Mitsu warrantees drivetrains for 10 years under normal use - think they don't develop the most appropriate fluid for your tranny?

Want a Canadian Mitsu Diaqueen supplier that's not a dealer? In Hamilton, ON: https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/home.php
The owner's name is Ziggy, he's an older racing guru, and manufactures in-house many of the parts he sells. I've only ever got good advice and service from him.

Awesome that you race your car. Most of us do not. I have 100K kms of redline oil on my trans. Thanks for your input for those who are racing their cars!

But, for those who are just day to day driving, this oil is definitely a good choice. I drained my 45000km redline oil trans fluid into a white bucket and it was pretty clean I must say.

Old Dec 18, 2013, 08:58 PM
EvolutionM
Mitsubishi Lancer

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2009, 75, 75w80, fluid, gl3, lancer, manual, misubishi, mitsubishi, purple, redline, royal, substitute, transmission, w80