evolutionm.net - Home of the Lancer Evolution
Home Features Community Marketplace Registry Garage Store

Go Back   evolutionm.net > Lancer Forums > Lancer (DE,ES,GTS) 2008+ Forums > Lancer (DE,ES,GTS) Tech Forums > Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Used CarsGarageVendor Directory
Search

Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Welcome to EvolutionM.net!
Welcome to EvolutionM.net.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old Dec 7, 2010, 08:25 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Garage is empty, add now

Brake Proportioning Valve

Hi All,

I'm very new to the Lancer world, and was wondering if it was possible to change the brake proportioning valve in a 2010 Lancer SE to slightly increase the rear brake bias. I have already upgraded the brake pads and rotors.

Increasing rear brake bias a bit from stock is something I have done while tuning other cars, but wasn't able to find any info for the Lancer.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

Old Dec 9, 2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Former Sponsor
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Drives: Lancer 2008 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-928 View Post
Hi All,

I'm very new to the Lancer world, and was wondering if it was possible to change the brake proportioning valve in a 2010 Lancer SE to slightly increase the rear brake bias. I have already upgraded the brake pads and rotors.

Increasing rear brake bias a bit from stock is something I have done while tuning other cars, but wasn't able to find any info for the Lancer.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul
Thats a good question, but what ever bias you would want you would likely have to take into consideration the Electronic brake distribution system that is standard on the car. It attempts to keep things balanced so if you do make the rear tighter, you might trip the EBD system often under hard braking.

Someone who is a tech let me know.

you might want to study some of the Lancer Technical documents that are out there.

I will see if i can find mine

Old Dec 10, 2010, 09:30 AM   #3
Garage is empty, add now

Thank you kindly.

Is there a central repository of Lancer documentation, or should I just use Google?

I'm more familiar with tuning late 80s/early 90s Porsches, so the only computers to deal with are for the ignition, fuel and ABS. Everything else is pretty much simple electrical, mechanical, hydraulic or vacuum-driven.

Need to catch up with the times

Old Dec 10, 2010, 09:30 AM
EvolutionM
Mitsubishi Lancer

Paid Advertisement

Tags
02, 928, brake, es, evo, ix, lancer, metering, mitsubishi, porsche, prop, proportion, proportional, proportioning, valve