Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

The slow one

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recieved my ralliart oil cap today . I like and and it came in quicker then it said it would so in happy !
Attached Thumbnails The slow one-image-2893648936.jpg  
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Today I Plasti dipped my whole car blue blaze I'm loving the look. I just need to touch up the roof and two other spots but I love it . I did it using cans it was so fustrating at first I was honestly getting ready to give up and return them but . It took time to get the coats right it takes patience epically with the wierd colors . Because I did the bumper black and it was easy .
So I recommend doing like black or white with cans any thing other than that use the gun .
BTW took me 11 cans and all day.

I will post more pics tomorrow it got too dark
Attached Thumbnails The slow one-forumrunner_20140722_023801.jpg   The slow one-forumrunner_20140722_023824.jpg  
Old Jul 23, 2014, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Update . Still perfecting the paint but it's looking pretty good.

On another note installed my premier sub with a boss amp and put a kenwood head unit in .

Also installed a universal front lip . I like it
Old Jul 23, 2014, 08:40 PM

In for pics of the car in the daylight and lip
Old Jul 24, 2014, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Pics for everyone
Attached Thumbnails The slow one-forumrunner_20140724_231900.jpg  
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:35 PM

i think it would look better if your fenders and bumper are blue too but your fenders are carbon fiber wrapped right??? or am i getting my cars confused and thinking of another members car lol
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silent1jt
i think it would look better if your fenders and bumper are blue too but your fenders are carbon fiber wrapped right??? or am i getting my cars confused and thinking of another members car lol
I thought about it but I also like the back . I want a some jdm style on it. And yess my fender is wrapped no confusion lol
Old Jul 25, 2014, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Thahomeboyb

I thought about it but I also like the back . I want a some jdm style on it. And yess my fender is wrapped no confusion lol
I thought so lol carbon fiber trunk, hood, & black roof looks bad***
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

It's been a while since I updated .

As of right now since the car is painted blue . I am saving and searching for new car rims . I want 16s inches or 17s not exactly sure which size yet but I want something that will look flush because I'm selling my 1.5 drop springs (unused) and I'm going to get coilovers . After that my car will be looking good .

After that's done im going to be doing a manual transmission swap and a complete engine rebuilt with forged parts so I can run turbo .
Then going to run an evo 8 turbo maybe even a subie turbo , whatever fits best . But I'm Def going to be looking for cheap parts because this will be an expensive build . But I'm excited for what's to come .

Overall I want high 500s in horsepower .

Just thinking , when I start the engine rebuild I will have to get a new car as a DD so I can make money haha . Maybe a nice little civic always wanted want of those haha .

If anyone has comments let me know .
Old Jul 31, 2014, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Thahomeboyb
It's been a while since I updated .

As of right now since the car is painted blue . I am saving and searching for new car rims . I want 16s inches or 17s not exactly sure which size yet but I want something that will look flush because I'm selling my 1.5 drop springs (unused) and I'm going to get coilovers . After that my car will be looking good .

After that's done im going to be doing a manual transmission swap and a complete engine rebuilt with forged parts so I can run turbo .
Then going to run an evo 8 turbo maybe even a subie turbo , whatever fits best . But I'm Def going to be looking for cheap parts because this will be an expensive build . But I'm excited for what's to come .

Overall I want high 500s in horsepower .

Just thinking , when I start the engine rebuild I will have to get a new car as a DD so I can make money haha . Maybe a nice little civic always wanted want of those haha .

If anyone has comments let me know .
If you wanna do 500 hp on a sohc like the stock engine even with fully built internals its a very hard goal. Not impossible but u will need a huge turbo an evo 8 or subie turbo wont get you anywhere near that. And to squeeze so much power out of the 4g94 you are going to have to run high compression and a big turbo but the motor wont last to long. In all honesty if you want those numbers dont drop a dime into rebuilding the motor get yourself a 4g64 (eclipse,galant engine) and put a 4g63t head on it and a nice sized turbo and u can hit you goal a lot easier and a lot safer too.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jsangiovanni

If you wanna do 500 hp on a sohc like the stock engine even with fully built internals its a very hard goal. Not impossible but u will need a huge turbo an evo 8 or subie turbo wont get you anywhere near that. And to squeeze so much power out of the 4g94 you are going to have to run high compression and a big turbo but the motor wont last to long. In all honesty if you want those numbers dont drop a dime into rebuilding the motor get yourself a 4g64 (eclipse,galant engine) and put a 4g63t head on it and a nice sized turbo and u can hit you goal a lot easier and a lot safer too.
I really appreciate the advice so just to make sure i understood correctly :

what your saying is take the head of my 4g64 motor and put a 4g63t head on ?

Then rebuild the 4g63t head with forged internals ?

Maybe 500 hp was a stretch . But I would like to get high 300s in hp.

Def going to have to convert to manual if I use the 4g63t engine head .

(Last question cuase I'm a noob. If I swap for the 4g63t head I would still be using the 4g64 aluminum base correct ? If so can I put forged internals in the base ? )

^I feel like that's a dumb question
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Ordred quite a few new parts ill keep everyone posted

Last edited by Thahomeboyb; Oct 13, 2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Today I recieved some of the parts .
Blue spedometer guage
Four bangin liscence plate frame
Liscence plate fastner kit
Speed sensor
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Also since the summer is over im going to wrap my car white becuase I want to go the simple and clean look.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Update

Last edited by Thahomeboyb; Oct 22, 2014 at 02:56 PM.

Quick Reply: The slow one