Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

BensLancer: What's Next?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2006, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb BensLancer: What's Next?

Well I got my new SEIBON CF Hood, New EVO VII FB, and EVO VIII Wing, and A new paint job coming! Long term in still in discussions, but kinda hard with a kid and full time classes! LOL

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This time I'm getting the whole car painted in Breakwater Blue Metallic except for the hood and the center section of the wing. I'll keep y'all posted as to how it goes and then show the finished product!

Ben

Oh yeah another thing, The old bumper has Zippo's name on it, so stop PMing me about it please? If any one wants the hood though it's negotiable if you want it!

Last edited by BensLancer; Jul 4, 2006 at 08:14 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 08:22 AM

cool, should look pretty nice
Old Jul 4, 2006, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have that same hood. The hardest part of the install is washer nozzles... The stock nozzles need to be trimmed to fit. should look great. especially all one color....
Old Jul 4, 2006, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
I have that same hood. The hardest part of the install is washer nozzles... The stock nozzles need to be trimmed to fit. should look great. especially all one color....

LOL! True! It will still be 2 colors technically though! CF and BWB! LOL! I don't think I even have my washer nozzles anymore! I have to get some new ones! I had some that I bought 4 years ago with the LED lights, but I got them for $1!!! I figure I could use those and not hood up the LED! I'll figure something out! Did you need hood pins at all or is the latch strong enough to chill without them! I mean I would rather be safe than sorry especially with my little one! I mean since I'm getting hooked up with the paint and body work I firue I could get the hood pins put in anyway as a precaution!
Old Jul 4, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

That will look good! Hey what bumper is that or where did you get it from?
Old Jul 4, 2006, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

nice!.. i didnt even bother putting the nozzles in on my seibon hood. what grill are u going to use since that hood doesnt come with a cf one. sucks.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by imajinmyfx
nice!.. i didnt even bother putting the nozzles in on my seibon hood. what grill are u going to use since that hood doesnt come with a cf one. sucks.
You dont have washer nozzles in you're hood? All you have to do is make the holes bigger. Lookin good ben.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks fellas! I'm gonna have to get a grill later! I'll get a cf one to match the hood, but for now just this stuff and the paint job! Debating hood pins or not since I have heard good things about SEIBON, but may do them as a safety thing since I do have a little one. THining about getting some carbon vinyl for the center section of the wing, but I might just paint it black instead! not sure on that part yet, but it is moving along! I can't wait!! BWB is the color I wanted to paint it all along the way I have it now was on a tight budget!
Old Jul 4, 2006, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Wink

Originally Posted by lancerman360
That will look good! Hey what bumper is that or where did you get it from?
It's the non Tech Sport EVO VII FB from accolade.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

well, cf doesnt count as a color..lol

Get the rrm cf evo style. I have that and it looks great. imo

At high speeds the hood sorta flops up and down mabey a 1/4 of an inch. Nothing that has worried me and ive gotten it goin pretty fast. If you would have the peice of mind with pins I would just put them in.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

aight then I will! I get too nervous with my little on in the car! IS the correct place to put then where those little circles are towards the front of the hood or should the body shop just know where to put them? I'm thinking about a pair of those locking hood pins, but I do have some Blue hood pins.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

I've got some Sparco hood pins I'm going to be putting in as well. I've gone 114mph and no problems except for it shaking, but I'm doing the same as a precaution.
(and hell yes that bumper has my name on it! Ben's gonna get a marker and write my name on there if ya'll keep PM'in him!) can't wait to see it painted Ben!
Old Jul 4, 2006, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
well, cf doesnt count as a color..lol

Get the rrm cf evo style. I have that and it looks great. imo

At high speeds the hood sorta flops up and down mabey a 1/4 of an inch. Nothing that has worried me and ive gotten it goin pretty fast. If you would have the peice of mind with pins I would just put them in.
yeh .. when im on the highway i see the hood trying to fly open cause air is going through the vent but since theres a vent cover theres no where for it to go. im thinking about putting pins since i've already had the hood fly up on me
Old Jul 4, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

I shoulda just got them put in in the first place, but the shop would not do it!
Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:03 AM
Evolved Member

good luck with it man

Quick Reply: BensLancer: What's Next?