Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

What to do? What to do?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i know right! do you guys know of any good 195/60/15 tires that perform well and are pretty cheap? i am currently looking at getting a set of Falken Ziex Ze 512. i mean...$37 per tire and for it to say "received first place in a comparison test done by a leading consumer magazine." on like 4 different sites...can you beat it?
Old May 24, 2006, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Biggins82786
so pretty much all i have to do is sand them down a little, primer, and then paint? will that stay on there good? also, how do ya'll think that it would look to paint the wheels black and then take the oz stickers off so that the gray/silver will show through? will it do it or will it leave sticky crap everywhere?

Still looks like new on my rims, and they look like they came mat black. I love it! Just remember....just be paitient while prepping/painting. It took me forever to sand the wheel, and mask off the tire on each one. Then don't overspray with the primer/paint. A ton of light coats is WAY better than 2 heavy (crappy) coats.
Old May 24, 2006, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

should i get the tires put on the wheels before painting or should i take the risk of scratches and get the tires mounted after i paint?

also what did you paint exactly? like just the front face or did you paint everything on the inside? explain please
Old May 25, 2006, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

bump for opinions
Old May 25, 2006, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

I painted mine with the tires on. Sanded the whole rim, masked off the outside where the tire meets the rim (took a long time for a perfect line), and painted inside, and out. I thought about pin-stiping a red line arounf the edge...but this way, it's SUPER easy to paint again if it ever needs it.
Old May 25, 2006, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

what exactly took a long time for a perfect line?