Notices

Basic 2004-2006 Ralliart Audio Info

Old Mar 7, 2014, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by danieltran63
i tried installing a pioneer deck in my 2004 lancer and its not working! The power works and it shows the radio station so the antenna works but no sound comes through. ive checked the connections and everything (i used butt connectors) and it seems fine but i dont know whats wrong!

did your car come with a subwoofer and tweeter speakers in the A pillars? maybe a sun roof? also, you said you "tried", what wires are the speaker ouputs from the deck currently connected to? why did you replace the stock deck? was audio working with the old deck (these are serious question!) wire colours including striped would be very helpful. Double check your crimps, and also you might just not have the remote line controlling amp power. I will look over the wire diagrams for you. or you can even have a look yourself, just pm me.

sorry for late reply I don't come down here much, too much broken drivetrain in my life...

edit again. I just noticed your other thread...this place is strange.

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Mar 7, 2014 at 09:34 PM. Reason: missed the method of connection
Old Jun 10, 2014, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK I have a little problem, I bought a Dual Brand Stereo. I also bought the right wire harness to fit the S&S package on my 04 RalliArt. I get sound in the front and from the stock sub but not the rear speakers. I switched the front with the rear connections and the rear ones work but not the front this time. I want to say its the stereo but then again why would the sub work?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Installed a new head unit today, and if i turn the volume most of the way up, the speakers start to make a popping sound. Any ideas?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

you just blew your speakers..
Old Mar 17, 2015, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

I don't think its that, they sound just fine up until a certain point. It starts crackling at 45 out of 60, where the stock one capped out at 45. I didn't think I could overpower the speakers on the car since there was an amp powering the speakers, car came with the infinity setup.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, you're over driving the coil, they will blow if they're not already...it seems the head unit may be pre-amping the audio signal. I alsohave the infinity system, but i'[ve never looked at the amp...if it has a gain adjustment, you can turn it down a tad so that max volume on the head unit doesn't over-drive the speakers...otherwise, you'll need an aftermarket amp, or aftermarket speakers that can handle the power...
Old Mar 23, 2015, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, I was thinking something along those lines. I think I read there are no gain adjustments on the amp, but I will check the amp and see if I can test the power output accurately. Thanks Cranswick.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:50 AM

I am trying to install a aftermarket sony cd player. it is all wired in properly but I have no sound thru any of the speakers. I see talk about a adapter for the big plug in the back of the stock radio, but I cant find any links that work or a name of the part. if someone can point me in the right direction it would be a great help. thanks in advance.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bjackson
it is all wired in properly but I have no sound thru any of the speakers.
then it's not wired properly...lol

can you post a pic of how you wired it? does yours car have the amplifier and subwoofer option?

you might need something like this:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CAR-STEREO-CD...ZSsR9-&vxp=mtr
Old Apr 17, 2016, 03:14 PM

sorry for the late reply. my car has the s&s package in it. i found what i needed tho. all the places around we didnt have the correct wire harness for the premium sound package. i had to drive a lil over a hour away to a best buy in another state to get the right wire harness. i got it all going now, im looking into updating the sub and amp to get a lil bit better sound.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Is the amp under the seat supposed to beep when you turn the car on? I just discovered after owning the car for idk how many years, the thing wasn't plugged in Is it supposed to do that? Or is that alarm code of some sort.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lbwilliams44
Is the amp under the seat supposed to beep when you turn the car on? I just discovered after owning the car for idk how many years, the thing wasn't plugged in Is it supposed to do that? Or is that alarm code of some sort.
what kind of beep? how was your amp not plugged in? lol! wouldn't your speakers not work? unless the signal passes through the amp somehow...

my car beeps a couple of times when I turn the key to the on/run position, I don't know where the sound comes from...haha
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r-i...ature=youtu.be

This is what I am dealing with, just beeps a few times when I put the key in.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, that sounds completely normal, lol.

So it doesn't do that with the amp unplugged, huh? Your subwoofer probably didn't work either.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I don't think it was. Definitely is now, but it's not like its too impressive anyways.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Basic 2004-2006 Ralliart Audio Info