Lancer How Tos / InstallationsPost or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.
Welcome to EvolutionM.net!
Welcome to EvolutionM.net.
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
I had once been one of those poor unfortunates who accidentally broke my Clockspring while doing a Steering Wheel modification. I hear many of you have also had a similar problem, and so I bring you this "How-to.."
Clocksprings are a one time deal unfortunatly.. You bust it, its busted; it can't be fixed and they are expensive to replace. They control your Horn, SRS, and keep the Steering Wheel Electronics connected to the rest of the vehicle.
1. Take off the steering wheel/hub-adaptor
2. Remove the two screws that are on the front of the Clockspring and then unplug the wires attached at the bottom of the Clockspring.
3. The Clockspring attaches using 2 Clips (A and B below)
Which slide into a slot like so...
4. Use a Flat Head screwdriver and insert, then lift gently and the Clockspring should pop right out (also relieving Clip B at the bottom, automatically.)
5. Lift the Clockspring right out...
6. Slide the new Clockspring on, clip your wires back on, replace the screws.
7. Put steering wheel assembly back on.
Last edited by Blacksheepdj; Jul 23, 2007 at 05:56 PM.