Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

What is This?!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2006, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shannoncorp
Good Idea.. they did say there was an aftermarket sound system in it with six speakers or something when.. I pick it up tommarrow I will push the hell out of it and let you guys know what happens.. and check under my glove box for that little black box

Features

Tinted Glass
Trip Odometer
Exterior
Dual Power Mirrors
Front Spoiler
Ground Effects
Rear Spoiler
Wheels (Aftermarket)
Safety
4 Wheel Disc Brakes
Anti-Lock Brakes
Break Resistant Glass
Child Proof Door Locks
Driver Airbag
Passenger Airbag
Third Brake Light

Drivetrain
5 Speed Manual
Factory Pre Owned Certified
Front Wheel Drive
Other
17INCH WHEELS
AEM COLD AIR INTAKE
AFTERMARKET EXHAUST
AFTERMARKET HEADERS
B&M
California Emissions Compliant
Dual Overhead Cams
ENGINE DRESS UP
EVO BODY KIT
Inline Style Engine
Multi-Port Injection
PERF. CHIP
PIONEER CD PLAYER
RACING CLUTCH
SHORT SHIFTER
TINTED WINDOWS

Vehicle Specifications
Year: 2002
Make: Mitsubishi
Model: Lancer
VIN: JA3AJ86E72U025751
Stock Number:
Mileage: 62,500
Transmission: Manual
Engine: 4 - Cyl. 2.0 L
Exterior Color: Silver
Interior Color: Black
Body Style: 4 Dr Sedan
Title Status: Clear
i like how they put rims and tinted windows twice. sorry abt ur lemon tho.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 08:47 AM

Update # 3 Ok just order a CEL Eliminator and a front strut bar.. just hope they are not too hard to install and that bumpy idle will go away

Does anyone know which O2 sensor to get ?

https://www.automedicsupply.com/cata...aa47ba2bfb9ef#

Last edited by shannoncorp; Feb 19, 2006 at 08:56 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:01 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CEl eliminator AND a strut bar? You are a real tuner... ordering an unnecessary part whenever you order a necessary one
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:13 AM

I saw it there couldnt resist .. might as well get two birds with one stone
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:19 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Yeah, when I bought my Lancer I pomised myself I would wait a year before modding it. 2 months later I had found these forums and a link to RRM, then ordered a strut bar and got custom rims with autocross tires. That just got the snowball rolling!

Anyway, if you're trying to get an O2 sensor that is missing due to a header, you want the one that comes BEFORE the cat. BUT I don't see what good that will do though if the CEL is only going on due to the lack of a first cat (the O2 sensor is doing its job then, and you'd have to put the stock manifold back on to fix that). Try the CEL eliminator first and then worry about it a little more since you'll be learning as you go.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:31 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanknight
Yeah, when I bought my Lancer I pomised myself I would wait a year before modding it. 2 months later I had found these forums and a link to RRM, then ordered a strut bar and got custom rims with autocross tires. That just got the snowball rolling!
Sounds so familiar.

"OK, I'm going to get the nice 165 hp Subaru with AWD and leave it stock."

Couple weeks later, my buddy was selling a Cusco strut bar for $60. Couldn't pass that up. Then I got the CAI to replace the crappy intake that came on the car. And then it just all went to hell.

Now I have a mod list a mile long.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I would suggest getting the CEL eliminator and installing it before you get a new O2 sensor. As for the link you posted, you definitely do not want to put the CEl eliminator on the first O2 sensor, it will not solve your problem and could potentially ruin both the fix and the header.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shannoncorp
So all I gotta do is get one of thoses no CEL things from Road Race and get a new o2 sensor.. the advance auto guy said it would be about 250 and all of my idle problems will be gone? ... now I gotta worry about AIR CONDITION will check that out on monday and I will post some pics of the header and cat converters.. thanks for everything .. I just glade that its not gonna blow up on me.. do muffler shops install CEL Eliminators and O2 sensors?
yeah they install them.. but make sure u get it from roadrace 1st. you dont need to spend 250$ to get rid of a cel. thats 250's toward something else usefull to your car
Old Feb 19, 2006, 11:16 AM

so .. im confused were do I put the elminator if I shouldnt put it on the header O2 sensor?
Old Feb 19, 2006, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Sounds so familiar.

"OK, I'm going to get the nice 165 hp Subaru with AWD and leave it stock."

Couple weeks later, my buddy was selling a Cusco strut bar for $60. Couldn't pass that up. Then I got the CAI to replace the crappy intake that came on the car. And then it just all went to hell.

Now I have a mod list a mile long.
i wasnt even thinking about modding this car... i just didnt like the but fugly grille.. so i started looking for grilles.. found the ralliart grille.. Then it didnt look right with those crappy es hubcaps so then the rims came.. then damm.... i have an es... no body kit?? are you kidding me? got the Techsport the 1st week it came out then performance mods.. now, i make sure i got my hand in everyones "partout" damm whos parting out next? ..

and it wont stop... cuz i cant stop lol

Last edited by Kid Lancer 7; Feb 19, 2006 at 11:23 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
The CEL eliminator goes on the second O2 sensor, which is underneath the car, right by the downpipe. Essentially the car works like this, it checks the first O2 sensor, then the second and compares the two. If something is off, like would happen by removing the first cat (its in the stock exhaust manifold that is now gone and replaced by the header) it trips a CEL. By spacing the second O2 sensor further away from the exhaust stream, the computer is tricked into thinking everything is fine and dandy. Oh and I would suggest not playing around with the throttle body screw until you have everything else sorted out.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

I researched the Mirage forums and found that we share O2 sensors with a 1998 Eclipse turbo 2wd.

I have mine here that I need to install but when I checked it with looking at the one in the car it seems to be the same.

It's also $150 cheaper.

I can pm you a link to the site I got it from but you can check around.

WADAD

I was supposed to get a wrench to install it today but I got tied up shopping with my girlfriend. If you wait until later in the week I can confirm if it works or not.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Heres Lookin on the Bright Side

The eBay "chip" (More commonly known as a FUC*ING RESISTOR!!!) gets taped inside the AIT. Her AIT is plugged in, so its definatly not that.

Those Rims... I think their nice as ****, and Im loving that Chrome Lip.

I wouldnt say the car is a total loss guys. So she made a mistake...

...ok, so she made a HUGE mistake...

Still, its salvagable so I wouldnt label it a Lemon and run for the hills just yet...

Correct me if Im wrong, but it sounds like she simply needs to:

- Trash those Blue wire covers
- Replace those shi*ty Wanli's
- Get a CEL Eliminator
- and maybe quiet the Exhaust a bit (Resonator/Cat ?)

7500 was a biiiit steap maybe, but beingn thats its an OZ, including Exhaust (What Brand/Muffler?), Kamakazi Headers, Body-Kit (Painted), Rims, Ground-Wire, Strut Bars, RRM Piggy-Back ECU, Pre-Wired for a system (I bet the wires are still in the carpet), Head Unit, AEM CAI, Tint, etc.

...and its all in good condition, the body aint chipped or scratched, no dents, it runs fine, except just for the idle issue being the biggest thing really.

Did she reeeeally get raped?
I dont think so.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

no she didnt get raped.. i think its a good deal.. considering her "show" came with the car unlike the rest of us. just chuck the ebay chip, and the blue stuff. buy a RRM cel eliminator. Get a tune up (just to be safe)... then think BOOST!!

lol .. like they say... You go Girl! hehe
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Kid Lancer 7
no she didnt get raped.. i think its a good deal.. considering her "show" came with the car unlike the rest of us. just chuck the ebay chip, and the blue stuff. buy a RRM cel eliminator. Get a tune up (just to be safe)... then think BOOST!!

lol .. like they say... You go Girl! hehe

I, dont know I think I got raped.. no AIR Werid Idling problems .. almost sounds like its gonna stall but never does.. thanks for the support everyone I will let you know what happens when I get my CEL Eliminator and Strut Bar.. by the way what is a "tune up"?

Quick Reply: What is This?!