Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

I got leakage!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got leakage!

For the past week or so I have been smellin some kinda funky *** smell in my car, then today when I got in my car it reeked way more stank then ever...I glance over and see a mini freakin swimmin pool about 5in. deep where the passengers feet would go. I got out went to the otherside and lifted my oz mat out, and underneath was a ton more water. my mat was like floating or some ish. I checked my back seat floor which was ok, but under the seat was wet, I checked my trunk and half of it was wet. My car is set on a hill in the driveway so all the water rushed forward. Recently my car was vandalized, a few kids through huge jugs of water or something at my trunk and dented it, so I thought thats what it was from but the guy thats gonna fix it said its not...so on Monday my car is being water tested all day. Is this covered in the warranty? or has anyone else had some major problems with leakage? lemme tell ya, this wasnt just a leak, this was a freakin few gallons of water, it smells sooooo rank!!! Im afraid my carpeting is gonna reak of that nasty *** stench forever now too. If it is a manufacture mistake, would they also replace carpeting?
Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

If it is a manufacturing mistake then all should be good as they should replace everything inlcluding the ranky stanky carpet.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:19 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

It may not be covered by warranty depending upon the diagnosis, but it may be covered by insurance if you reported the vandalism and your policy covers that stuff.

EDIT: Mildew stains are damn impossible to get out and the smell's almost as bad. My old car used to leak from time to time. You have my sympathy.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:27 PM

They collision center is 98% positive its not from the vandalism, so it has to be manufacture goof ups...The collision guy was just like, that is way way way too much water to leak from what was done.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:52 PM

Take it in to the dealer but don't mention the vandalism.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

This happened to my car it is the air conditioner drain hose is clogged and they will just blow it out for you. As for the wet carpet shop vac it and spray it with frebreeze.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

I was noticing a similar "damp" smell when I got in my car today also... Time to diagnose the problem this weekend.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:52 PM

The dealership will notice the vandalism right away since my trunk is all ghettofied...i seriously am embarassed to roll into the dealership, my car is slowly lookin like a heap of ****.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by HobieKopek

EDIT: Mildew stains are damn impossible to get out and the smell's almost as bad. My old car used to leak from time to time. You have my sympathy.
Steam cleaners.And but sure to leave the windows down while it dries. I steam clean my carpets about once a month. I had the mildew problem with my jeep. Steam cleaners get ANYTHING out.

Or at least mine does
Old Mar 14, 2003, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Has anyone thought of maybe a faulty heater Core ? Dumps right on the passenger floor when they go bad
Old Mar 14, 2003, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Yup, the heater core in my Accord does that. I looked for a replacement, but Honda no longer sells a 13 year old part, and scrapyards all quote me around 200. To hell with that.

My AC hose got plugged too. Man, that car is just a heap. It's a shame that it's bigger and faster than my Lancer.

-Goon-Kun
Old Mar 15, 2003, 05:17 PM

So its seems as tho this is just my luck to have this happen to me Ill definily let you guys no what it ends up being after the water tests are performed tomorrow...then yas can watch yo *** before it happens...
Old Mar 16, 2003, 07:36 PM

Did you notice this after it rained? Sounds like it could be leaking windshield.
Old Mar 16, 2003, 10:20 PM

It never happened before, plus we havnt had much rain till just this week and thats when I had the collection of water on my whole passenger side. I've had a few people thinkin that its comin from the windshield, but how would that much water in such a short amount of time collect?
Old Mar 16, 2003, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Check the firewall under the carpeting. There is a little black plug at the bottom of the passenger's feet. U can see it from under the car(or at least you could see the one i had in my protege). It should be a little round plastic circle. If it's gone, it probably got taken off.

Quick Reply: I got leakage!