Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

timing belt

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
timing belt

so i just did my timing belt and it wasn't to bad...it runs..lol
but what gets me is the tension spring the gates kit didnt come with and thought that if its not in the kit it was ok and the other thing is the belt is not where the old one was its more on the edge of the cs . are these thing going to be a problem
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As long as you tensioned it correctly, tightened it to correct torque spec and made sure that little circular plate on the crank shaft went on before the timing belt cover you should be good to go.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by 03lances
As long as you tensioned it correctly, tightened it to correct torque spec and made sure that little circular plate on the crank shaft went on before the timing belt cover you should be good to go.
thanks for the reply . i think the tension is ok...but that plate i took off the pulley to check and i did put it back on the front of the cover.....
but i remember that when i took it off it was on the front...because i remember trying to put it on the back but because its like a dish would not fit.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 04:28 AM

well i took it all apart again and it still rides on the edge....after reading for hours everyone says to make the belt loose did that and nothing then i made it tight....nothing still on the edge. now i read that it might be the tension pulley or my water pump not running true or something like that.....damn you gates kit lol had high hopes for you.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:40 AM

turn out to be a bad tensioner from gates kit....used old one, hope it stays alive for a bit ...