Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Building 4g94 Non-Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
I assume by stock cams you mean stock 4G92 cams correct? I think if you were to go hardcore NA, your best bet would be to swap the cams for something more aggressive.
Not necessaily loo at my post above.

You have two choices its either you get JUN cams or Custom cams from us Bnew Australian billet cams + we use a honda profile modified with little alterations since they do not have a completely identical valve terrain.

But like i said the stock cams are pretty good where people screw up the setup and loose power is when they apply to much compression in the setup, and 90% of them do not look at the management issues i pointed out so they end up failing

But to be honest with your setup i rather go DOHC than a DOHC mivec, for starters stock vs stock the gains are very similar and less wiring involved the DOHC is pretty much a bolt on to your standard wiring the DOHC mivec you will need to wire up extra plugs and convert MAF plug to accomodate a MAP sensor.

Last edited by llt-racing; Mar 5, 2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Buy used, and done. Seriously, if you have patience, I'm sure could piece together a decent kit for 1500$ or less.
+1^^ My car was literally bone stock as far as performance goes and I have put a little over $2k into my build and this includes EVERYTHING in my sig (well minus the cosmetics you see in there) also includes the price of the tactix cable. Tuning myself with ecuflash and evoscan, just check out the first page of my thread Very fast it is lol. Honda killer I have