Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Pulstar Spark Plugs > Preview > Review

Old Apr 13, 2008, 04:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kanyonkid
i tried these plugs on my evo8 and at idle it ran extremely smooth, go WOT and lots of knocks and cut outs... i ****ed with these plugs for a week making sure the gap was perfect and everything, still at WOT my car knocked.. put brand new NGK's in and all is well....
P.S. SAME THING with my buddies evo who is a tuner.... i told him my car knocks and the first thing he asked is wat plugs i have.. i told him and he laughed and said get rid of em.......
I cant really comment on that since I havent gotten my hands on a optimally running EVO X so how these plugs will operate in an EVO is very much different then a N/A engine. If I encounter something similar I will be sure to note it. But so far the results on the N/A 4B11 seems encouraging. The EVO will require a small gapping, while I am going to open the Lancer's to its maximum recommended. Until EVERPULSE releases a colder plug for the evo, that is the only thing that can be done.

I recommend if you were to try the plug again, attempt a smaller gap, per perhaps .025inches on the evo

Last edited by evo_soul; May 7, 2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_soul
I recommend if you were to try the plug again, attempt a smaller gap, per perhaps .025mm on the evo
.025 inches.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 11:15 AM
Former Sponsor

correct, you can see how terrible I am with number

round two testing should be completed by early May as I work thru drivability testing all of this and next week, putting 1000km+ on the plugs.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 09:03 AM
Former Sponsor

April 28th update

Informal talks for fuel sponsorship with a well known North American Gasoline Corp. Should things go well, This will be a welcomed sponsorship to allow for further road evaluations and making for a more uniform input factors to deal with when it comes to dyno testing and the road.

More info as it comes...
Old Apr 29, 2008, 06:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Youtube video of Dyno Session round one
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=jtl4CqqEEVw
Old May 6, 2008, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

wheres the dyno numbers on this? i cant find them... anyone?
Old May 7, 2008, 10:55 AM
Former Sponsor

round one dyno numbers are on page 5 as a first step to the dyno testing. Testing got somewhat derailed 2 weeks ago, when the project car was involved in an accident (rear ended the the 1 week old fiberglass bumper) so I had to take time to walking around with a hammer to make sure the 17 year old kid who rear end the car actually paid up. (joking about the hammer part)
I am glad to say, he did pay up!
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...80&postcount=6

in the mean time fuel economy testing has taken front stage to evaluate its impact on MPG and drivability. with the 4 or so full tanks of gas, so the results have been encouraging. So much so that I have a some expert help flying in from Japan to help with the next round of dynoing, and something I mentioned earlier in this or other threads, a tuning / piggyback solution which may further enhance the final results. My testing will be complete by the end of this month, since the weather in April and May has been rather kind and the same road testing has gone well with very little weather interference.

Why is it taking so long? Because if dont put these plugs thru these paces then I am not giving benefit of the doubt and then people come back and say, what about this or what about that, or you forgot this, and if i get one more person using the term snake oil, I will go find my wonderful hammer for real.

I will say that the results so far have yield good enough results for me to continue putting resources into testing. I am currently considering using the RRM piggyback innovation and retune it to compliment the enhanced combustion capacity.

I will also add that I have a million in one projects going on

Co-founding the local Toronto Lancer Club
Project Dark horse (dual exhaust) and now a single tipped exhaust
Evaluting bodykits.com bodykit, lol hell its even crash tested now
Setting up group buys,
Pulstar plugs
Organizing dyno days.
Lobby or Interact with Mitsubishi HQ to get the ball rolling on new projects
etc etc etc...

So as you can see, I am up to my neck in stuff to do. From time to time I have to remind myself that I am a NYSE daytrader and that I have a girlfriend. lol
But all in all I consider this more of a passion. this time last year if you said Lancer, I wouldnt think anything of it. hell I drove a honda and a mazda. Now I am neck deep in it.

Thats it for an update now
Cheers

Last edited by evo_soul; May 7, 2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old May 7, 2008, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

so what gap is best on a cvt with 87 octane?
Old May 7, 2008, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by slaker138
so what gap is best on a cvt with 87 octane?
so far using the plugs default .044 setting is yielded good results with slight hints of variations at idle. .040 takes care of it, but its really not an issue.

Octane, I dont want to make a conclusion on just yet, I am in talks right now with a gas company to allow my testing to minimize to uncontrollable variables.

Last edited by evo_soul; May 7, 2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old May 8, 2008, 08:12 AM
Former Sponsor

boy I just couldnt make this stuff up even if I wanted to. I spoke too soon, at about 5 pm yesteray, my girlfriend was driving the car again. My girlfriend is ok, but I think I may retire her from driving. It was almost a T bone, instead it is a perfect T accident. meaning a car came along and decapitated the front bumper from left to right off. No internal damage known by looking at it. but who knows. But for the most part, it was a clean bumper hit

I am going to transfer testing to another Lancer in the mean time and conduct dynos where I left off, so far we think we have found the optimal configuration.
But some how I think the tuning gods are some how aligned against me. knocking on wood.

more updates as they come
Old May 8, 2008, 10:31 AM

Dude that sucks, First your custom back bumper and now this. That really sucks man I really feel for you. Sorry about your multiple accendents in such a short period. Its cool that you are still trucking on with the testing. Some lesser man may of just called it quits. I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for your efforts.
Old May 8, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Dude are you kidding me? I feel bad. some people get into accidents once in a blue moon and you've(your gf) gotten hit like twice this month, or in the last two? Well glad she's ok. It's awesome that you're continuing. You bought two lancers for a reason haha.
Old May 10, 2008, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear about the other accident.
Old May 10, 2008, 11:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Its not so bad, most of the projects I wanted to get done are out of the way and the next stage of the dual exhaust project, bodykit stuff, and pulstar are still moving ahead.

It will be good to do some extended testing on other cars, further adding to the credibility of the entire testing process.

Its just a pain in the *** in terms of delays. lol I swear guys i am not
Old May 10, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

she should retake her lisence test. =P

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pulstar Spark Plugs > Preview > Review