Notices

Looking to Tune my 2010 Lancer ES

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2013, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking to Tune my 2010 Lancer ES

Hey guys and gals, just joined the site and been looking through all the forums about tuning my Lancer. I would just like to know what you think would be best for my car. All I have on it right now is a Magnaflow glass pack exhaust, rims & tires, and a stereo system.

I have been told to start off with a cool-air intake, and maybe some gear ratio changes. (seems to hold the gears forever).

Let me know what you think!
The following users liked this post:
Dan0867 (Aug 11, 2023)
Old Apr 2, 2013, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake is a good place to start. There are a few options out there from different companies so do your research. I have an K&N Typhoon intake and I love it. I kept the factory snorkel on it so it takes the coldest air possible into your engine.

After that you should look into Headers, ECU Reflash, and maybe a HI-flow cat. Stick with the gears you have stock for now, but I also haven't looked into changing them at all so I don't know what would be good for our cars
Old Apr 3, 2013, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by tomczykm
Intake is a good place to start. There are a few options out there from different companies so do your research. I have an K&N Typhoon intake and I love it. I kept the factory snorkel on it so it takes the coldest air possible into your engine.

After that you should look into Headers, ECU Reflash, and maybe a HI-flow cat. Stick with the gears you have stock for now, but I also haven't looked into changing them at all so I don't know what would be good for our cars
So far I have looked at the intakes and it seems people either go with your K&N typhoon or an Injen intake. The typhoon seems to be more popular and has good reviews so I will definitely look into that one. And yea I will definitely do anything else before trying to change my gears
Old Apr 4, 2013, 07:22 AM

Let us know what you do and how you like it!
Old Apr 8, 2013, 07:41 AM

I have been looking into it and it seems the Typhoon only works for a 2010 2.4L engine. Mine is a 2.0L sadly so i guess i will have to find a different one.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by tripleb f1
I have been looking into it and it seems the Typhoon only works for a 2010 2.4L engine. Mine is a 2.0L sadly so i guess i will have to find a different one.
I have a 2.0 and it works! I installed it myself with 0 problems. Plus I believe the engine bay is almost exactly the same so even if you did have a 2.4 gts you could still go with the k&n typhoon SRI. Look no further haha
Old Apr 29, 2013, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

When you mentioned changing gear ratios there is a bit of a problem if you car is automatic. The problem is the CVT tranny that is designed for saving gas and that's it. In that case there technically are no "gears" it is just a belt.
Old May 2, 2013, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Cool

A belt that mimics gear ratios by an ECU that can be manipulated
Old May 8, 2013, 11:05 AM

for intakes, I'd recommend the Takeda sri, as its a good design. as for tuning, RoadRace motorsports has a piggyback that is pretty straight forward and works well with higher octane.
Old May 9, 2013, 08:45 AM

Alright so I've already gotten an Injen CAI and it works perfectly (installation was a pain though), although I've been told to not mod performance wise because of my weak transmission, which is the automatic CVT. So until I can afford an Evo it looks like its just cosmetics for me! Thanks for your input guys I appreciate it
Old May 9, 2013, 10:06 PM

add some pics!

I just installed my injen cai as well. I love it. They sell those small plastic clips you prob broke from the bumper at auto zone. like 5 bucks for 12 of em. First thing i got was a sprint booster and i love that as well. larger TB , then rpw 4-2-1 headers, magna flow high flow catback, finally a works tune flash and i think that'd be good.
Old May 11, 2013, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by azoutlaw480
add some pics!

I just installed my injen cai as well. I love it. They sell those small plastic clips you prob broke from the bumper at auto zone. like 5 bucks for 12 of em. First thing i got was a sprint booster and i love that as well. larger TB , then rpw 4-2-1 headers, magna flow high flow catback, finally a works tune flash and i think that'd be good.
Okay azou, you basically have done everything I want to do with my lancer. I have the SRI and cat back exhaust. My question to you is how much extra performance will the header get me as well as the tune? I've heard lots of info about the tune so I really want that. And the 4-2-1 header is what I want to do too but I have the pzev 2010 lancer and I'm worried they won't do much if I get a header
Old May 12, 2013, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by tomczykm
Okay azou, you basically have done everything I want to do with my lancer. I have the SRI and cat back exhaust. My question to you is how much extra performance will the header get me as well as the tune? I've heard lots of info about the tune so I really want that. And the 4-2-1 header is what I want to do too but I have the pzev 2010 lancer and I'm worried they won't do much if I get a header

Im sorry I shoulda clarified a little more. Those last mods were "up next" mods. So far Its just Injen CAI and sprintbooster.

Youre right about the header with pzev. From what i undestand you have to get the rrm adapter to fit the first cat just behind the header.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 09:41 PM

When you are saying Typhoon Intake system, are you referring to this?

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...rod=69-6546TWR

Reason why I am asking because this is listed for GSR, not for my 2010 ES with 2.0 engine. Just wanted to make sure this would fit onto my car before buying it.

Also what exhaust system would you recommend for 2010 ES? It seems like the options for ES is pretty much limited.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by ThatSimple1Guy
When you are saying Typhoon Intake system, are you referring to this?

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...rod=69-6546TWR

Reason why I am asking because this is listed for GSR, not for my 2010 ES with 2.0 engine. Just wanted to make sure this would fit onto my car before buying it.

Also what exhaust system would you recommend for 2010 ES? It seems like the options for ES is pretty much limited.
It will not fit, gotta get a 2.0 ES specific intake. But i went with the Injen CAI only con with it is it goes really low into the bumper so easier for water to get into...

Also for the exhaust it is limited, i just have a catback magnaflow. It's pretty loud and i like the low rumble to it. After adding an intake it did change the sound a little

Quick Reply: Looking to Tune my 2010 Lancer ES