Notices

Road Race Timing Module Testimonial

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2009, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road Race Timing Module Testimonial

Alright well I'll just say a lot of people have been really skeptical about this product. I'm here to give you the most basic honest opinion possible.

The product is decently easy to install unplugging it is the biggest pain of the job.

After plugging it in it felt a noticeable difference in reversing out. Launching seems better but the numbers really arent showing. I dont know if its just me thinking its faster or not. Gas milage has increased slightly around 2 mpg on the highway. Cant say much for the city its hard to get a concrete city mpg.

The power seems to be a little bit better but i dont know if its 8 whp... the gas milage is better.

In my opinion its a good product and good job RRM

my only question is what did you guys mount it to your car with?

Last edited by JWhat89; Feb 25, 2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I mean, who can feel 8hp?

What other mods u have?
What do u mean by being a pain to remove it?
If u have no other mods , try to run against a stock lancer similar to yours to see how much it increases perfomance.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by 100$ GUY
Yeah, I mean, who can feel 8hp?

What other mods u have?
What do u mean by being a pain to remove it?
If u have no other mods , try to run against a stock lancer similar to yours to see how much it increases perfomance.
I have V1 SRI with a heatshield i have v2 axleback and the timing mod. oddly enough i feel most of the power when im in reverse lol.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JWhat89
I have V1 SRI with a heatshield i have v2 axleback and the timing mod. oddly enough i feel most of the power when im in reverse lol.
WTH?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:57 AM

WTH?
right? lol but the wheels chirp easier noticing the power a little bit more everyday
Old Mar 1, 2009, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

right? lol but the wheels chirp easier noticing the power a little bit more everyday
How about rpms at startup? any change in behaviour down low? less power down low?
Rough idle??
Old Mar 1, 2009, 04:26 PM

How about rpms at startup? any change in behaviour down low? less power down low?
Rough idle??
I've had mine installed for a few days. I notice the module most at about 4k RPM. I really notice if I'm cruising at 80 and drop it into 5th, it has a lot more go now than it did. Only issue I'm having with mine is I'm getting a CEL. Still runs smooth but the CEL light came on about 3 hours after install. Anyone know if Autozone or Schucks has new enough Diagnostic to give me a code?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 04:32 PM

my only question is what did you guys mount it to your car with?[/quote]

I used black zip ties and electrical tape to clean things up. The zip ties are temp though. I'm going to drill an extra hole in the metal acoss from the intake manifold and bolt it on.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 08:52 PM

Rough idle??
I personally haven't had any problems idles a bit higher maybe around 500ish now use to do around 2-300
Originally Posted by firedawg81
I've had mine installed for a few days. I notice the module most at about 4k RPM. I really notice if I'm cruising at 80 and drop it into 5th, it has a lot more go now than it did. Only issue I'm having with mine is I'm getting a CEL. Still runs smooth but the CEL light came on about 3 hours after install. Anyone know if Autozone or Schucks has new enough Diagnostic to give me a code?
i didnt get a CEL yet *crosses fingers*
my only question is what did you guys mount it to your car with?

I used black zip ties and electrical tape to clean things up. The zip ties are temp though. I'm going to drill an extra hole in the metal acoss from the intake manifold and bolt it on.[/QUOTE]

electrical tape and 3m double sided tape
Old Mar 1, 2009, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

Only issue I'm having with mine is I'm getting a CEL. Still runs smooth but the CEL light came on about 3 hours after install. Anyone know if Autozone or Schucks has new enough Diagnostic to give me a code?
figure out the code and give road race a call about it, depending on where you live, the barometric pressure might be different enough where the car is getting confused and throwing a CEL. if thats what the code is for then they should be able to send you a map and you can update it via software and a usb to serial cable.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

I personally haven't had any problems idles a bit higher maybe around 500ish now use to do around 2-300
really? mine idles at like 600-700, that worries me, might sumtin be up with my car? im in cold weather tho...

I really notice if I'm cruising at 80 and drop it into 5th
do u have a cvt=6 spd?? *i dont even know if they are 6spd* i dont get what u mean by drop it into 5th
Old Mar 2, 2009, 01:26 AM

Yeah..its 6. Drop it down from 6 with the tiptronic
Old Mar 2, 2009, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

CVTs dont have "gears"
Old Mar 2, 2009, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by I Am God
really? mine idles at like 600-700, that worries me, might sumtin be up with my car? im in cold weather tho...

do u have a cvt=6 spd?? *i dont even know if they are 6spd* i dont get what u mean by drop it into 5th
no car should idle at 2-300 700 is normal. The spec is 700 +/- 50 I believe.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah mine idles around 750-800. Seems like the module does what it's supposed to do, This definitely seems like a good route to go if you don't want to mail works your ECU and be out of a car for a few days.

Quick Reply: Road Race Timing Module Testimonial