Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

2 Channel Amp to 4 Speakers?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2009, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2 Channel Amp to 4 Speakers?

Hey guys.

Ive got a question about wiring a 2 channel amp to 4 speakers.

Now this is how my system is at the moment.

Ive got a Kicker zx.400.1 powering my 2 kicker comp subs in the rear. the zx amp that i have doesnt need a remote lead it automaticly turns on when a signal is dectected. Now, the signal is coming from a striped RCA cable thats attached to the back of the headunit into the speaker outputs as far as i know because it was done proffesionally. Nothing wrong there.

Now i have 2 kicker ks600 6" speakers in the rear door and 2 kicker ks602 6" Speakers with splits in the front.

These door speakers are running off the stock headunit. when i took out the stock speakers i looked on them and it said 15watts so im only getting 15 watts (i assume) to my new kicker speakers that need 90RMS.

I have a old amp lying around that is a 2 channel 400watt amp (2x200watts) and it is a junky cheap one

I already know about power hooking up and all that but i have no clue about all this bridging and ohms and whats stable n all that junk.

I want to hook this up to the 4 speakers in the doors. What i was planning on doing on getting the signal to the amp was to use the rca out on my kicker amp to the input on the junky cheap one.

I know that my kicker amp gets its signal from the rear speaker outputs.

What i need to know is. I want my speakers to run totally off the junky amp. and not the head unit. if somone knows how to wire 2 channel amps to 4 speakers that would be good and if they had a wiring diagram that would be even better.

and any info on like the ohm loads n bridging junk that would be helpful aswell

Thanks guys
Old Feb 1, 2009, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tadz0rz
I already know about power hooking up and all that but i have no clue about all this bridging and ohms and whats stable n all that junk.

I want to hook this up to the 4 speakers in the doors. What i was planning on doing on getting the signal to the amp was to use the rca out on my kicker amp to the input on the junky cheap one.

I know that my kicker amp gets its signal from the rear speaker outputs.

What i need to know is. I want my speakers to run totally off the junky amp. and not the head unit. if somone knows how to wire 2 channel amps to 4 speakers that would be good and if they had a wiring diagram that would be even better.

and any info on like the ohm loads n bridging junk that would be helpful aswell

Thanks guys
you cant run an amp used for mids and highs off of an amp thats being used for lows. you have to have another set of RCAs for the speaker amp. get it done professionally again, but i dont know if even a shop will do it because you arent supposed to use a 2-channel amp for 4 speakers.

what is the junky amp make/model?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by yitzac1990
you cant run an amp used for mids and highs off of an amp thats being used for lows. you have to have another set of RCAs for the speaker amp. get it done professionally again, but i dont know if even a shop will do it because you arent supposed to use a 2-channel amp for 4 speakers.

what is the junky amp make/model?
its some no name amp. all it says on the front is mofset power amplifier. ive been thinking its not even worth putting in. thinkin i might just get a new head unit instaled. it would be cheaper anyway. and the junky amp isnt being used on the subs. the kicker zx.400.1 is.

Last edited by Tadz0rz; Feb 9, 2009 at 01:58 AM. Reason: forgot to enter something
Old Feb 9, 2009, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

you should be fine. ive actually hooked up plenty of systems like that and seen many other people do it. use one chnnal for the left speakers and one for the right. as long as each channal isnt putting out more than the peak rms for the speakers you will be fine.