Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

ra turbo on 4b12

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ra turbo on 4b12

ok i have as 4b12 engine and i got me an ra turbo kit , so theres a couple parts that i know that im missing like the air outlet and some gaskets but the turbo seems to be very complete so im going to post some pics to see if you guys can help me
first of all where soes this hose connects , its the by pass hose but i cant find a place to connect it to

second , is this top hose my oil feed line cuz i was checking on mitsubishi parts and the oem seems to be longer but im not sure is it is the evo one the one that im looking , also the bottom line is my return line and im getting an oem RA oil pan so it should be just plug and play basicly right

heres another view

also whats this it seems to be extremly clean , am i missing a piece or its just like that.

also whats this it came with the kit it seems to be a kind of gasket if im not wrong.
and last but not least is my bov soppoust to be so close to my lip or im missing something...

Like i said im trying to finish building my turbo with oem parts to make sure i dont ef it up , so here r my questions after this i should be only missing an oem ra oe evox map , and some injectors , please lmk what am i missing thx u guy
Old Apr 5, 2011, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

you shouldnt be turboing your car if these are the questions you have to ask.....
Old Apr 5, 2011, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

I have similar questions, I just need to know where to tap in the water lines and oil lines for the turbo though
Old Apr 5, 2011, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

If u spent the time to tell me not to do it u might be able to spend some time to answer my questions as well
Old Apr 5, 2011, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

actually at the time i answered, i didnt have time. im at work and have no time right now for long, detailed responses, but when i get home ill provide some not-half-assed answers to your questions.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Lol thx man im trying to get this done by my self using oem parts to make sure i dont screw up and prob getting an ra or evox map
Old Apr 5, 2011, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

1. that looks like the hose on the exit side of the intercooler. it goes to your throttle body.

2. the first pipe is the water inlet. the second pipe is oil return to the oil pan. you need to buy yourself a water return line and an oil feed line. RA oil pan wont fit, completely different design. you have to do it custom with your existing oil pan. I have my oil pan for sale that has a -10an bung welded in it already if youre interested.

3. dont exactly know what that clean part of the turbo is, but mine has that too. just dont worry about it. there are enough other ports for water and oil feed and return.

4. looks like the compressor outlet to the intercooler piping, but idk how that gasket would fit in there.

5. i dont understand what you mean by close to your lip?

hope this helps. I have 2 sets of injectors for sale also if you are interested. you cant just put on an evo X or RA map and go, it HAS to be a custom tune.

but in all seriousness, you shouldnt be turboing your car if these questions have to be asked....good luck.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Im interested on ur oil pan and injectors pm me a price im also doing my install taking my time to kinda understand whats going on . Im doing my homework hoping to be able to install it by mid/end of summer again thx for ur help also u told me that the bypass hose goes to the tb soooo do i need an adaptor or something like that or splits of the intake thx again
Old Apr 5, 2011, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

now for Carvs' questions:

for oil feed: (see picture below)

This view is basically from the drivers side, looking passenger side, with the intake manifold removed. You can see the intake port with a paper towel in it for reference. This circled set screw is what you take out and use for oil feed. It is (im pretty sure) a 1/2" NPT threading, and uses an 8mm hex key to remove it.

for water feed: That oil feed port is on the passenger side of the engine, there is a water feed port in basically the exact same spot on the drivers side of the engine. Just look for the exact same set screw plug. I dont have a close up pic, this will have to do:

for water return: I cut my lower radiator hose a few inches before it connects to the port on the block, and just used an adapter. Somewhat like this, but with a bung protruding out from it, instead of a threaded hole:

hope this helps both of you guys
Old Apr 6, 2011, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Great help bro thx now the turbo has only one oil line and one water/coolant line also the licp goes to the throttle body the uicp goes to the top air outlet of the turbo and the intake goes to the external spool if the turbo ( the one facing the front driver side wheel) now from the waste gate ill have to run a hose to the bov and from the bov recirculate it to the intake .Now can i use an oem oil hose or it wont work if not i'Ll need a braided oil line and u said i can just tap under the intake mani right ? Thx for the help again once im ready to do the install ill do a really detailed do it your self tread to help other guys on my situation
Old Apr 6, 2011, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

villero seriously man come to my house and i will install it for you. im in de 10 mins from del mem. bridge
Old Apr 6, 2011, 03:12 PM

That is beautiful ^^^
Old Apr 6, 2011, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by villero1834
now from the waste gate ill have to run a hose to the bov and from the bov recirculate it to the intake .Now can i use an oem oil hose or it wont work if not i'Ll need a braided oil line and u said i can just tap under the intake mani right ?
you dont run a hose from wastegate to bov, you run a vac hose from wastegate to boost source, and from bov to before the turbo in the intake piping. you need a custom oil feed line, and most likely you will have to ditch that OEM oil return and do custom there too (-10an). see the pics for the oil feed gallery on the block.

also one thing i forgot to mention for both of you (Carvs), if you have the 2.4L engine, you will NOT be able to use the same water feed port that I used, because the 2.4L uses that port for something (idk what, but there is a hose connected there).

Originally Posted by chaoz
That is beautiful ^^^
what is? lol
Old Apr 6, 2011, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dadsgts offer to install the turbo is beautiful.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

Actually that offer is great pm me an address and price

Quick Reply: ra turbo on 4b12