Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

lets talk rrm

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_soul
Let me tell you something about business. A) Your either in business for yourself, or B) your in business for shareholders.

When your in business for yourself, your family are your shareholders. It aint easy running a business successfully, staying alive, and profitable. I am not hear to speak for RRM, but I have seen dozens of business start up, and some fail because they just couldnt handle it. I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement. When you do a business, you dont do it cause you feel like it. you do it to make yourself happy, and / or you do it to take care of yourself and your family.

If you can only imagine the stresses that are involved in juggling both.

RRM like other companies are not perfect. And as a potential you have a choice to buy something from them or go elsewhere. thats what the market facilitates. The fact that RRM is still here says that are fulfilling a need. And since there just arent alot of companies out there that are fullfilling our genre of cars. I would say its pretty rare wouldnt you?
You completely disregarded the rest of my statement. And please for the love of god don't act like you're the only one to understand the stresses of business. It's not nearly as hard as you make it out to be.

And you absolutely do not do it to take care of yourself and your family. You contradict yourself here, if its as risky as you make it out to be and so cut throat that you need to sucker people with ridiculous mark ups, then why risk your family's well being?

There is nothing remarkable about what they are doing. Yes, a business needs to make money, and a business reports to its share holders. I'd imagine its not a publicly traded company though, so the shares are with the owner/s. There is a difference between supplying and need and exploiting it. They flat out exploit their customers, especially the ones that aren't local.

Business isn't hard to do, I started and co own a computer repair business, while working a full time job, and am starting 2 others in the next year. Why, because I can, there is a demand, and I can fill that demand. Doesn't mean I'll exploit it.

"When your in business for yourself, your family are your shareholders. It aint easy running a business successfully, staying alive, and profitable." You shouldn't be starting a business in the first place if you doubt yourself or the business enough to worry about your family. They arent share holders, you are. Period. Point blank.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Brian@RRM
we just released a new product....for all those who would like to build there own turbo kit we are giving you that option.

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/s...roducts_id=766
Umm...they might as well upgrade to a Autronic SMC4 for another grand. $1600 for a piggy back is highway robbery.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by grizbone
And the lancer community wouldn't die from losing RRM, someone, most assuredly would take their place. As you said, supply and demand. When there is demand, someone almost always steps up to supply, just a matter of how ethical that someone is.
WORKS makes lancer stuff, they are a little pricey, but all their stuff is top notch. Pete was an engineer for Dinan. They don't have turbo stuff on the website, but I bet if you called them they could help, they do race the Lancer platform. I know they sell turbo's for Evo's but they don't advertise it.

Edit: Doesn't AMS make Lancer stuff too? Why go to RRM in the first place?

Last edited by casper980; Dec 15, 2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You completely disregarded the rest of my statement. And please for the love of god don't act like you're the only one to understand the stresses of business. It's not nearly as hard as you make it out to be.

And you absolutely do not do it to take care of yourself and your family. You contradict yourself here, if its as risky as you make it out to be and so cut throat that you need to sucker people with ridiculous mark ups, then why risk your family's well being?

There is nothing remarkable about what they are doing. Yes, a business needs to make money, and a business reports to its share holders. I'd imagine its not a publicly traded company though, so the shares are with the owner/s. There is a difference between supplying and need and exploiting it. They flat out exploit their customers, especially the ones that aren't local.

Business isn't hard to do, I started and co own a computer repair business, while working a full time job, and am starting 2 others in the next year. Why, because I can, there is a demand, and I can fill that demand. Doesn't mean I'll exploit it.

"When your in business for yourself, your family are your shareholders. It aint easy running a business successfully, staying alive, and profitable." You shouldn't be starting a business in the first place if you doubt yourself or the business enough to worry about your family. They arent share holders, you are. Period. Point blank.
All i did was voice my opinion as I see it and from what I know first hand about the industry. As a tuner and as someone who interacts with all of the big manufacturers on a daily basis.

Have you ever been to SEMA? or a Car trade show? Are you comparing an automotive shop or manufacturer to a computer shop. The metrics are completely different.

If you punt this very same topic to any vendor on this forum, I am pretty sure they are not going to agree with your logic that running an automotive business shop is a walk in the park. You can ask Rock himself what he thinks as well. If I am wrong and it is a piece of cake. I will admit it and tell you I was wrong.

Old Dec 15, 2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
All i did was voice my opinion as I see it and from what I know first hand about the industry. As a tuner and as someone who interacts with all of the big manufacturers on a daily basis.

Have you ever been to SEMA? or a Car trade show? Are you comparing an automotive shop or manufacturer to a computer shop. The metrics are completely different.

If you punt this very same topic to any vendor on this forum, I am pretty sure they are not going to agree with your logic that running an automotive business shop is a walk in the park. You can ask Rock himself what he thinks as well. If I am wrong and it is a piece of cake. I will admit it and tell you I was wrong.

Going to SEMA and Car trade shows have nothing to do with ETHICS. Something it seems you fail at yourself.

You brought up "business" that was you not me and came out the gate talking like you were the only one that understands business. You're not, hands down. Hell, I can compare the too if I want. The metrics are not completely different. I've been in the car game for some time now too, even tinkered with the idea of opening shop out here, but saw no need too much competition in the area to make any real money while keeping ethics intact, but that wasn't your original point. You came out talking about how business is so hard, and its not. But it gets even easier if you're unethical.

Owning and running a business is not nearly as hard as you make it out to be. Running it ethically is even easier.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

this thread should be called, "lets talk SHlT about rrm"
quit hating, ****
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i agree with what griz is saying, they do exploit their customers for the fact that a lot of lancer owners are ignorant 16-18 year old kids who got their first car, so RRM tells them "buy this rubber tube we call a SRI and it'll take a full second off your 0-60 time"

and hmoobher nobody is hating, the fact that you come in blindly defending them makes you nothing more than a fanboy. nobody is hating, strictly addressing issues. so if you think their SRI will take a sec off your 0-60 then sure.

might as well screen capture this thread since it'll probably be deleted soon, RRM seems to be pretty good with the mods so any threads made that arent praising them and their products are deleted.

Last edited by Evo10HKS; Dec 16, 2010 at 02:25 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:14 AM
Evolving Member

this thread should be called, "lets talk SHlT about rrm"
Well that's the ****ty status they've earned with their ****ty business. I'm sure everyone would be more than happy to say positive things about RRM if only they would provide us with some positive products/service.

The hating will stop when the shady business stops.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:47 AM

I find this thread very interesting as a new Lancer owner.

I've been in the Porsche 928 world for over 12 years, and there are some vendors that support that car, but have a mixed reputation. If you want to talk about overpriced parts, try owning a Porsche for any length of time.

Has the perception of RRM always been this way, or is the 'hating' a new thing?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 09:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Paul-928
I find this thread very interesting as a new Lancer owner.

I've been in the Porsche 928 world for over 12 years, and there are some vendors that support that car, but have a mixed reputation. If you want to talk about overpriced parts, try owning a Porsche for any length of time.

Has the perception of RRM always been this way, or is the 'hating' a new thing?
no shortage of people who have something to say. Good or bad. Every company has its + and - .

But the Porsche world is very very very different. I find those drivers / owners are serious and dont really ***** much. They try something. Share what they know, and collectively decide if its good or bad and thats it. Another thing is I find they are not afraid to try new things. And finally, they are not cheap.

I like dealing with them when they come into the shop or are at track events.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 09:55 AM
Former Sponsor

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...wer-again.html

prime example of how things can get muddy real fast.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo10HKS
and hmoobher nobody is hating, the fact that you come in blindly defending them makes you nothing more than a fanboy. nobody is hating, strictly addressing issues. so if you think their SRI will take a sec off your 0-60 then sure.
im a rrm fan boy woohoo! Even though I've bought nothing from them. Maybe you should put on the evo x body kit and act like an slow *** evo x... sheesh. Yes I know their prices are a bit high, and people/customers have problems with them, but what about the happy customers? I guess no one is chiming in, but I do support them because of the fact that they are THE ONLY COMPANY that is willing to produce a turbo kit for lancers here in the U.S. Oh yeah, it's $4200+ but tell me where else here in the states can you find a turbo kit for the 08+ lancer right now. Otherwise go do a custom one like others have done. If you dont have the time, then Bam, here comes rrm with one ready, just bolt on and go. But like evo soul said, they are a business and businesses have their +'s and -'s. I hate the mcdonalds down the street because their *******s, but I still go there once a year for the McRibb

Last edited by hmoobher; Dec 18, 2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by hmoobher
im a rrm fan boy woohoo! Even though I've bought nothing from them. Maybe you should put on the evo x body kit and act like an slow *** evo x... sheesh. Yes I know their prices are a bit high, and people/customers have problems with them, but what about the happy customers? I guess no one is chiming in, but I do support them because of the fact that they are THE ONLY COMPANY that is willing to produce a turbo kit for lancers here in the U.S. Oh yeah, it's $4200+ but tell me where else here in the states can you find a turbo kit for the 08+ lancer right now. Otherwise go do a custom one like others have done. If you dont have the time, then Bam, here comes rrm with one ready, just bolt on and go. But like evo soul said, they are a business and businesses have their +'s and -'s. I hate the mcdonalds down the street because their *******s, but I still go there once a year for the McRibb
Yea but when you go to McDonald's, you know what **** you're getting and you dont pay **** load of money for it. With RRM, you dont know what you'll get other than "Its a set of headers that will give you 10whp" (for example). They dont explain their product, they dont back their product up. And that 4200+ turbo for lancer has some crappy parts, which you will be replacing with something better (so why not go custom then). For example, their upper intercooler piping is made out of PCV pipes which you can get at Home Depot for dirt cheap. Their BOV is welded in the wrong place on the manifold.

Today I went to a shop around me P-Tuning for those who want to go online and research their creditability. They ran Scion TC on redline time attack at 600whp and make their own custom kits for Scion and other vehicles. Basicaly what I am getting to is that they had a kit sitting as the floor model out today and it was all hard powdercoated piping turbo that was same price as RRM's for the Lancer. The only rubber parts attached where the couplers.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by lancer2008
Yea but when you go to McDonald's, you know what **** you're getting and you dont pay **** load of money for it. With RRM, you dont know what you'll get other than "Its a set of headers that will give you 10whp" (for example). They dont explain their product, they dont back their product up. And that 4200+ turbo for lancer has some crappy parts, which you will be replacing with something better (so why not go custom then). For example, their upper intercooler piping is made out of PCV pipes which you can get at Home Depot for dirt cheap. Their BOV is welded in the wrong place on the manifold.

Today I went to a shop around me P-Tuning for those who want to go online and research their creditability. They ran Scion TC on redline time attack at 600whp and make their own custom kits for Scion and other vehicles. Basicaly what I am getting to is that they had a kit sitting as the floor model out today and it was all hard powdercoated piping turbo that was same price as RRM's for the Lancer. The only rubber parts attached where the couplers.
Ok, I'm sorry, but you sound like an idiot. As much as I don't like RRM, because I bought their turbo kit, and it didn't come with all the parts. It's not at all as you described either. The intercooler piping is not pcv pipe its all "hard powdercoated piping", and the BOV on the manifold? What are you talking about. Please don't throw in 2 cents on something you don't actually know anything about.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, I'm sorry, but you sound like an idiot. As much as I don't like RRM, because I bought their turbo kit, and it didn't come with all the parts. It's not at all as you described either. The intercooler piping is not pcv pipe its all "hard powdercoated piping", and the BOV on the manifold? What are you talking about. Please don't throw in 2 cents on something you don't actually know anything about.
pwnt

Quick Reply: lets talk rrm