Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

difference between ralliart and Gts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
as much as you "refuse" to drive an automatic, you missed out on a 10x greater experience than the lancer you have now.

if you read up on the tranny, its much more than an automatic. MUCH MUCH different might i say.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ozdriver
yea... I was only looking to run 6-8psi.... just a little something to pep it up a little bit
yeah you will be fine, just tune it right haha
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo10HKS
as much as you "refuse" to drive an automatic, you missed out on a 10x greater experience than the lancer you have now.

if you read up on the tranny, its much more than an automatic. MUCH MUCH different might i say.
haha how many pedals are there?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yitzac1990
haha how many pedals are there?
my thought exactly...... it may be a nice car and it may be a "sporty automatic" I did test drive one and I really didn't like it.... its just not the same and I couldn't bring myself to spend the fortune they want for a new evo so I just got the GTS
Old Sep 8, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 09_GTS_MITSU
Wow!! you guys sure do jump down a throat. Sorry the 09 is avail in a 5spd. Like I said I have a 09 GTS, not a 10. Guess you guys got er all figured out I will just keep my **** to myself, Have a great day jerk offs.
The GTS and railliart are totally different cars. The ralliart like the EVO MR only come in SST.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rcheung
The GTS and railliart are totally different cars. The ralliart like the EVO MR only come in SST.
yeah, as much as evo owners hate to admit it. the Ralliart and evo MR have more in common than the GTS, i dont get how anyone in their right mind could chose the GTS which is stricly an eco car and in no way a performance car, to a car with the evo X motor and the AWD of an IX. so if you chose the GTS to try to make it a performance car, then you might want to look at returning your car or getting a different one before you end up too upside down. most lancer owners here have came to the realization that without having really fat pockets your not gonna get any real performance out of the GTS, which is why im getting rid of mine even though i have 2 other cars i would call "performance" cars.

but to each its own, i could care less if im missing a clutch pedal, as long as i can control my gearing

Last edited by Evo10HKS; Sep 8, 2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, as much as evo owners hate to admit it. the Ralliart and evo MR have more in common than the GTS,
Um, not really...
turbo, suspension, the SST in the MR is MUCH more capable than the Ralliart's, body, brakes, etc, etc.

The GTS and the Ralliart have more in common than the Ralliart and MR. The only thing the Ralliart has that the GTS doesn't is a turbo motor and AWD. That is it!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EngRWW33
Um, not really...
turbo, suspension, the SST in the MR is MUCH more capable than the Ralliart's, body, brakes, etc, etc.

The GTS and the Ralliart have more in common than the Ralliart and MR. The only thing the Ralliart has that the GTS doesn't is a turbo motor and AWD. That is it!
You forgot the chrome ring on the nose!!!!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yitzac1990
You forgot the chrome ring on the nose!!!!
touche!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

Um, not really...

im speaking performance wise.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

im speaking performance wise.
Performance wise as well. Depending on dyno, some ralliarts stock have dynoed at only 200whp... terrible argument!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Performance wise as well. Depending on dyno, some ralliarts stock have dynoed at only 200whp... terrible argument!
Stock Evo X doesn't get much more than 230 WHP stock. And with less than 1K$ you can get your ralliart to outrun any stock Evo X...

And the argument to say if the ralliart looks more like a Evo or like a GTS is pretty Juvenile, since all Lancer 08+ (ES, SE, GT, GTS, Ralliart, Evo) have much more things in common than differences.

And for you GTS owner who did not trade YET for a Ralliart... Wait and you'll see. I thought the same at first and now I'm modding a Ralliart and I'm pretty happy! Modding the Ralliart is really inexpensive because you can actually buy used stock parts from Evo Owner who modded their cars and get a little extra power for almost nothing.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

LOL seriously? tune your lancer and tune your RA and see what gains you get, performance wise your talking Eco N/A non performance Vs Turbo Perofrmance, thats not even an argument to begin with. and since your using your stock dyno as a reference RA dynos 200, evo 230 and stock 2.0 if you have an 08 138? or if u have a 2.4 like what 160? the gap is still much less between the evo and RA.

so if you really think that performance wise an AWD 200whp turbo vehicle is more similar with a FWD 160whp N/A economy vehicle, than with an AWD 230whp turbo vehicle, then i have no idea what to tell you from there
Old Sep 11, 2010, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zx-319
Stock Evo X doesn't get much more than 230 WHP stock. And with less than 1K$ you can get your ralliart to outrun any stock Evo X...

And the argument to say if the ralliart looks more like a Evo or like a GTS is pretty Juvenile, since all Lancer 08+ (ES, SE, GT, GTS, Ralliart, Evo) have much more things in common than differences.

And for you GTS owner who did not trade YET for a Ralliart... Wait and you'll see. I thought the same at first and now I'm modding a Ralliart and I'm pretty happy! Modding the Ralliart is really inexpensive because you can actually buy used stock parts from Evo Owner who modded their cars and get a little extra power for almost nothing.

I can guarantee you that will never happen unless mitsu comes out with a manual ralliart
Old Sep 11, 2010, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ozdriver
I can guarantee you that will never happen unless mitsu comes out with a manual ralliart
If your objective is to have your car go as fast as possible, SST is the way. People traditionnaly picked manual transmission because they allowed them to get the most out of their car.

But, I don't know anyone who can shift faster using a standard trans than the SST does. So the argument that manual = more performance does not hold anymore.

But if you personnaly prefer manual and don't put perfornance as a priority, GTS is the way. You got a fun car that is manual.

But Ralliart bring you a lot:
-> Lot of powerful ( stock power and a lot of modding potential)
-> Shifts faster than ANY manual transmission (and retain the ability to manually pick your gear, and with GST Tune, it much more responsive than it is stock).
-> Offer you the convenience of an automatic in heavy traffic (while still having the opportunity to quickly downshift to take advantage of an empty lane )
-> Is comfortable as a daily driver (the EVO X is NOT a comfortable daily driver)
Etc... I could go on for a very long list.

And, driving manual does not make your more man... It simply used to be the way to go for real performance, but it no longer is... Manual is soon gonna be outdated (as soon as the market offer mods that will increase it Torque tolerance over the 450-500 WTQ we have right now).

Quick Reply: difference between ralliart and Gts