Negative
2006 IX MR Condition knowingly mis-represented, hidden problems. Caution
Rating Already Submitted
Report Bad Rating
Buyer rgonyer (16)
May 2, 2010
rgonyer
May 2, 2010, 04:19 PM
Purchased a 2006 Graphite Gray IX MR with low miles in early 2010. Car was "rebuilt" and this was made clear. I have no problem with buying something "as is" as I did in this case, but the seller made the following statements

1. that all the body panels lined up perfectly after repair with no mounting holes modified to make that work.

2. Also the vehicle was said to have aligned perfectly straight after repair.

3. It was also stated that the frame was deemed "straight" by his professional body guy.

4. The frame rails under the car were flattened pretty good from about mid car back.

Upon disassembly of the front end of the car because of some other issues, the drivers side fender had 2 holes that were opened up probably 50% to make the panel align with the hood. Also, the front support member under the car that contains the front engine mount had the front two bolt holes drilled out to probably twice their size to make it fit. I believe this is because the driver side strut tower is pushed out from the impact in the passenger side of the car, through the strut tower bar.

Vehicle alignment- The vehicle may have aligned properly, but only after an aftermarket strut bolt (Ingalls) was installed in place of the OEM equipment on the passenger side of the car.

Straight frame - I really doubt it, but we're going to find out. I'm taking it to a frame shop as soon as I get the car back together. It will be interesting to see how straight it is.

Although I bought the car as-is, there are blatant and intentionally mis-leading statements made in the for sale thread as well as emails to me. These problems absolutely had to be known about (at least 1 through 3) as the seller is the one that did the work.