Notices
Rating Summary
Options
From
Date
NickieBlaine
Mar 19, 2010, 12:45 AM
Asked seller for better pics of item, as description says "APR diffuser CF used: good condition, minus clear coat flaking near the edge but I covered it up w/rubber liner (so it doesn't scratch bumper also)"
Seller replied pics are in the thread, so i asked if there were any other blemishes, etc. since you couldnt see any in the pics. Seller replied
"comes with hardware, all you need to do is drill 8 holes under your bumper, close up pix are on the sale thread...there are no blemishes on the clear just on the edges which is covered by a rubber hose. Let me know, someone is going to look at them this weekend."
When item was received, its obvious the clear is fading, and cracking more than on the edge that was covered by the rubber hose. It was shipped pretty dirty, so even after washing and waxing the item, the clear is still faded in areas.
Definitely not what i was expecting for an item that has "no blemishes"

dee_yamaha
Mar 19, 2010, 06:43 PM
This is what I posted on my thread:
pix of the diffuser, sorry it is very dirty from the recent storm, I don't have a garage and I had it since 07 so its got its wear and tear but still in good condition. I should have put a longer rubber piece to make it all one piece on the edge (I put a slit on a vacuum line).

the url is http://forums.evolutionm.net/sale-mi...r-replica.html

I posted multiple pictures of the diffuser, I believe the buyer's defintion of blemishes is different from mine, without blemishes would be in "Brand New Condition", or perfect vise what I think of blemishes like big scratches, cracks. The diffuser wasn't faded, checkout the pix and the clear coat on the edges was described and I reduced the price and also didn't charge the buyer for shipping. I agree it may have been dirty but its a used part and has been in the environment since 2007.

NickieBlaine
Mar 19, 2010, 07:55 PM
I asked seller for more detailed pictures. I asked specific questions about the item, which from the replies entails that there were in fact no blemishes etc. From pictures its hard to see, but there definitely is some fading, some bubbling of the clear, not just on the edges. I was charged for shipping, that, or the price was raised from what it was being asked for in the thread. That was 50 for shipping. I made an offer, and buyer accepted. I didnt get any freebies, and i didnt get an item as described.