Neutral
was contact about good T/F case, purchased it, installed @ dealer= bad T/F case
Rating Already Submitted
Report Bad Rating
Buyer sabastian458 (25)
Jun 3, 2009
sabastian458
Jun 3, 2009, 12:54 PM
Was contacted VIA PM about a good transfercase without whine (specifically stated in PM) after I posted in another members F/S thread. I purchased and Paypaled payment on March 25. Unit arrived at dealer- Easley Mitsubishi on April 3. Appointment schedualed for week of April 13th, actual installation was performed on 16 & 17. During test drive, Tech noted vehicle still had T/F case whine. Inspection of vehicle was done upto the week of May 18. Dealer could not work solely on my vehicle 100% of time, but inspected when their schedual allowed. Vehicle did not leave their facility other than inital test drive, and is still there. Axles, wheel bearings, transmission, driveshaft, etc were all completely inspected and were not defective, only whine came directly from T/F case. Also a "Chasis Ears" tool was used (small mic's on long cables attached to headphones for diagnosing of noises during operation that normally wouldnt be made on a lift)

Tech contacted ricky on the 20th, that conversation information is not known to me. Tech says he has left numerous messages for Ricky but had not heard from him since. I called today and spoke with Ricky. He said he did not have a replacement unit to ship out, and I needed to remove and ship initial unit back to him for refund. Now I am out the labor for 2nd removal of unit, all diagnostics. He says he would refund the cost of shipment back. And that is the only reason I leave neutral feedback and not negative feedback, the promise of refund of shipping and the refund of the purchase price of the transfercase. As of today, there is a tentive resolution.