Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

No Recaro's for the upcoming 2015 Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by slowsrt4:(
no recaros hmm wish it was cheaper so you could just buy some brides
I had the same thought only to add some real Recaro buckets seats.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cosmic Starship
The guy has said numerous times in other various topics that he was trolling when he posted it. It was also quite obvious he was. No need to worry
Thank you lol, I was worried about it for a second.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 09:45 PM

I actually went to a dealer as well looking for a 2015 and they said i would not be able to get one for about 60 days. They also said it would not come with the recaro seats because of safety reasons with the side air bags. They said the brembos will be staying. Now I know that this is an evo forum, but I was also looking at the new sti's as well. I really liked driving the evo more and am most likely going to purchase a 2015 once they hit, but why is it that so many people say that mitsu is such a poorly made car? And where dd this bad rep come from? I test drove the 2015 wrx (not sti) and a 2014 evo gsr, and really liked the evo much more, but now with all these people in my ear saying how bad mitsu cars are I am second guessing myself. Any insight would be appreciated. And are the 2015 evo gsr's even worth getting? Or are they crap and I should just go with an sti?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

you probably enjoyed the evo more due to the power, when i drove both back to back the sti felt boring and soft. i almost traded my ms3 in for an sti awhile back but it just didn't feel as fast.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No seats? That's a blower.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:36 AM

I drove the 2015 sti launch edition when my subaru dealer got one in and it is better than the older generations of sti. I had a few subarus prior to my x. I can say I couldn't push the car all that hard but turn in actually felt almost = to my x instead of the usual plowing subarus are known for.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by wicked white x
I drove the 2015 sti launch edition when my subaru dealer got one in and it is better than the older generations of sti. I had a few subarus prior to my x. I can say I couldn't push the car all that hard but turn in actually felt almost = to my x instead of the usual plowing subarus are known for.
Ya, I dunno the evo just felt quicker then the new sti. I wonder ow these match up bone stock in a 1/4. Does anyone know? But overall I liked the feel and driving experience much better in the evo compared to the wrx.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by SpoonTunage
Ya, I dunno the evo just felt quicker then the new sti. I wonder ow these match up bone stock in a 1/4. Does anyone know? But overall I liked the feel and driving experience much better in the evo compared to the wrx.
post factory tune the evo has much more power. the sti is stuck on the same crappy powerplant it had last chassis
Old Aug 22, 2014, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpoonTunge
but why is it that so many people say that mitsu is such a poorly made car? And where dd this bad rep come from? I test drove the 2015 wrx (not sti) and a 2014 evo gsr, and really liked the evo much more, but now with all these
So much hyperbole here. So many people say that Mitsubishi Evo Xs are poorly made? Must be the fanbois over at Subaru. Both my son and I bought brand new Evo Xs in 2011. Simply the best cars that I have ever owned. Build quality is great and they are super reliable. My son has daily driven his Evo X for 3 years now and it is a very nice car for that duty. I am very impressed with my own Evo X and am so glad that I bought it.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Hi guys and girls Long time lurker, first time poster. Have been browsing and learning a lot from these forums for a long time and finally had something to contribute to the forum.

Being in the search for a evo for awhile now, I have been googling the 2015 evolution for any news pretty much everyday numerous times. This morning I read something in an article you guys may find interesting that I haven't seen mentioned on here yet.

Special attack evo for 2015 ?
http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...oreUserAgent=1

Last edited by PolloVagabundo; Aug 25, 2014 at 07:00 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 07:56 AM

If that article is true and the special edition gets its power in the form of a simple tune, they better offer it for sale a la cart :P. Something tells me that probably won't happen, though.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sktng22
well that guy told u a bunch of bull****. the recaros in my mustang have side airbags so thats not why

What year Mustang? The X's side airbags were designed around those seats years ago. It would cost money to re engineer the bags and the seats to meet 2015s requiremnts. Money Mitsu isn't willing to spend on a car that is a limited run for just the US.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 04:55 AM
Evolving Member

Well I wake up to another article today... Maybe buying a 2014 like some people are rushing to do isn't the best idea? Only time will tell I guess

http://www.torquenews.com/1084/new-m...ming-next-year
Old Aug 26, 2014, 06:52 AM

Ripped straight from the previous article you posted. It's just that article writer reblogging the unsubstantiated claim. He even lists automotive news as the source for the claim.

Why people on the internet feel the need to reblog any and every tidbit of info, especially when it's just rumor, is beyond me. At least the "no recaros" thing has some evidence to support it and isn't just fishing for page hits.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Some of us don't have an Evo sitting in the garage or driveway yet... Hence the excitement for any potential news or rumors being posted!

Quick Reply: No Recaro's for the upcoming 2015 Evo X