Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2014 Lancer Evolution

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Last years stats show that the Evo X sales were up over 15% from the previous year. So Mitsu might have figured they could squeeze another year out of the X platform, while they work on the XI. Can't blame them honestly, with their overall sales as low as it is in the NA market, selling some Evo for a whole year while they finish working on the XI might be a good idea, keep some kind of cash flow going.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:09 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
^--- Interesting. Though keep in mind that the 2011 Tsunami affected Components mainly as their plant is on the west side of japan. But the smallest of items like electronic ICs were hard to come by. Could explain the 15% difference.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know if we can say its the last year for the Evo.
But can start saying its the last year for Mitsubishi dealers.
Houston is one of the largest car buying citys and Mitsubishi dealers are droping like flys.
Also all other dealers are going thru major expanstion. They sell more Jag's in this town than Mitsubishi's.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:21 AM
EvoM Community Team

Mitsu dealers around here seem to be going through a retooling process vs just dropping. I don't think it will be the last year for dealers, otherwise they wouldn't be retooling. I'm sure is fully aware they need to fix their dealerships.

If wants to turn things around, 2 things need to happen

1) Add to their line up: New Evo, New Midsize, Hybrid SUV (got that one for 2014), New Lancer, Awesome Electric

2) Fix their dealers. The dealers get away with murder and treat the customers like crap. Mainly because they can since they are so sparse. There are a few good ones, but they are few and far between.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:29 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
if the year cycle is right, we expect to see the new XI in 2014. the 2013 X will be the last of the X. unfortunately, if no XI is in the works then it might be the end of the evo.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:57 AM

Well we have 13's still rolling in, 14's are a ways away for us ( Canada ) I belive we have ordered them however, I think we should our 14's here in Canada next fall.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:05 AM

I dont understand how dealers take advance orders. is money exchanged?
do the know the cost? but then again car salesman have always been trusting group!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Nobeam
I dont understand how dealers take advance orders. is money exchanged?
do the know the cost? but then again car salesman have always been trusting group!
I can't speak for every one, but the way I'd do it is I'd take $1000-$2500 up front and write down what that person wanted and once the opportunity came for me to order the car I'd order it that way. Once I found out how much the car was going to cost and I received a VIN I'd draw up a contract.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by GPTourer
I can't speak for every one, but the way I'd do it is I'd take $1000-$2500 up front and write down what that person wanted and once the opportunity came for me to order the car I'd order it that way. Once I found out how much the car was going to cost and I received a VIN I'd draw up a contract.

So you would be giving money to a car salesman for something that does not exist?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:46 AM
EvoM Community Team

In his example he is the car salesman
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:10 PM

If they change the body
I'll buy another one for sure
Not sayin the X looks bad
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:05 PM

What Mitsubishi should do is to reinvent Evo as a performance focused car instead of trying to match the refinement of M3, as in X. THey should forget about cabin quality and concentrate on creating fast and great handling Evos like they did for previous Evos.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by richdegrave
Electric in a sports car lmao let's all just buy Prius to keep the government happy. The tax our taxs, tell us what kinda cars you have to pretty much buy cause they will tell the manufactur what to make. Sounds like communism to me.
Seriously, I agree. I hope they make a regular petrol version side by side with the electric so I can buy that and down shift and laugh at the slow lame electric ones.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spazpilot
Will never happen. +50K Lancer would never sell in the states. That's how people would see it. You seem to forget that car enthusiast like us are a dying breed. Wether your a classic car guy, muscle car or sports car guy, the new generation of kids don't seem to care. Thay are more concern about tech gadgets.
This is false assumption. It's the same assumption people have been making about PC gaming since the 90s that's it's dying. This is false, hard core car enthusiasts always were out numbered by the folks who just want a point A to point B box with an engine. It's always been like that.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:07 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Nobeam
So you would be giving money to a car salesman for something that does not exist?
he mentioned VIN, which means the car is already produced.

Quick Reply: 2014 Lancer Evolution