Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Getting a New Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting a New Evo X

Hi everyone. I've decided to quit looking for a 9 since most of them are either over priced, high mileage, or beat up and have decided to buy a brand new X.

I found a leftover 2013 evo x at south coast mitsu but they want MSRP for it. I always thought South Coast offers the best deals in the nation but apparently they are FIRM on the price and will not budge.

My question is -- Should I get this '13 Evo since I will be paying msrp or should I might as well wait for the 2015 to come out since they aren't giving much of a deal.

Here's a link - It includes the SSS package but that's about it.

http://www.southcoastmitsubishi.com/...0c53470095.htm

Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2014, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Did you talk to Sam Smash? See if he can give you a deal. He is the man from what i hear.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
OP, still not realizing why you are not going after a 14 model. There are plenty of dealers offering decent discounts and they are in no way flying off lots.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nvmaddog
OP, still not realizing why you are not going after a 14 model. There are plenty of dealers offering decent discounts and they are in no way flying off lots.
I talked to notorious Sam/Smash and here's what he told me -- The '14 X is going above MSRP while the '13 is being sold at MSRP. If I get the '13 he may be able to get it slightly below msrp. I told him I'm a EvoM member and know plenty of people that bought Evos through him but he said he can't do anything about it. I've texted him a few times and pm'd but never heard anything back after. South Coast used to give good deals but apparently that is not the case anymore.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
welcome
Old Aug 6, 2014, 06:49 AM

Welcome to the board!
If there are better incentives I'd go with a newer model year, specifically lower interest cause every little bit helps!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 07:26 AM

I would call dealerships as far as neighboring states. There seems to be quite a bit of flexibility from dealerships who move a lot of Evos. I flew 500 miles to pick mine up (used) but it was significantly cheaper than any of the ones that were in my area. Tell them you are willing to travel if the price is right. I think I called 50 dealerships until I found one willing to work with me.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SLOEVO71
I would call dealerships as far as neighboring states. There seems to be quite a bit of flexibility from dealerships who move a lot of Evos. I flew 500 miles to pick mine up (used) but it was significantly cheaper than any of the ones that were in my area. Tell them you are willing to travel if the price is right. I think I called 50 dealerships until I found one willing to work with me.

This^^^

Just because one moronic dealer is not willing to sell cars, there are PLENTY that are.