Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Future 14 GSR Value

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future 14 GSR Value

Hey guys,

With the evo only going on for one more year (2015), how do you think the value of these cars will hold up in the coming years for resell?

Been on the hunt for one and finally am about to sell my sti but ive been curious as to whether or not it would be best to keep it concerned about the re sell value of the evo in the future. Typically they have held their value fairly well.

If I were to buy a $35,000 Evo X GSR today, what do you guys think it would be worth in 5 years when I would probably want to sell it?

My goal is to get a nicer sports car such as a C7 vette in the long run. Just trying to decide if swapping the STI out for the evo will put me in roughly the same position in 5 years as far as cash saved up and trade in value etc.

I am assuming the evo would be worth considerably more with much lower mileage and being a 2014 than a 2006 sti would be with probably 80k miles by that time.

Thanks for your time and help!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I know this is a little vague, but you can probably expect a 5k-7500k initial drop in value per yer. (As the years go by it will drop less and less) The 5 year old ones I've seen sell in the low 20's mostly stock and with reasonable mileage and condition.

Honestly too, it is hard to know if next year will for sure be the last year of the Evo. I was told 2014 would be the last year by about a 100 people.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:13 AM

No other opinions?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JasonM163
No other opinions?

It's not really an opinion based question.

You can look up what different years of EVO's sell for and you can gauge whether or not yours will have mods etc and safely assume what you will get for it in 5 years. (Mileage and accident history pending)

You can also safely assume that if they stop making EVO's, the price will hold a lot better than if they continue to make them/redesign the vehicle entirely.

Car values also largely depend on the economy at the time as well, especially with specialty cars like this. What will it look like in 5 years? No one is going to be able to tell you.

99% of cars are not investments, you lose money no matter what.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think 2015 has been confirmed to be the last of the X's, those may hold up in value a little better than the previous years being that it is the last.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vr4gasmtt
I think 2015 has been confirmed to be the last of the X's, those may hold up in value a little better than the previous years being that it is the last.

Not doubting it at all, but this exactly same thing was said last year.

If there are no recaros and or no brembos that may be a problem too. Depends on what decides to do.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:58 AM

Okay thanks guys. I did a little estimating and guesstimating on what I think the sti would be worth with X miles in 5 years and what I think a 2014 evo would probably go for then. I think the value that I will get out of the Evo when going to resell in the future will make up for the amount I would be able to save up by that point in the STI.

Hopefully if mitsu doesnt make these anymore the 14's would hold value really well since they would be the last with recaros and or brembos. I guess like you said though, only time will tell.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JasonM163
Hopefully if mitsu doesnt make these anymore the 14's would hold value really well since they would be the last with recaros and or brembos. I guess like you said though, only time will tell.

Yep, speculation at best too. I haven't seen anything official yet on what the 15's will have.

But you can bet if there are no recaro seats and no brembo brakes, the 14's will be worth more.