Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Finally quite stalking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally quite stalking

Well I figured it was time to finally quite being a stalker and just take the plunge and sign up. I bought my 2008 Evo X about two months ago and I have been meaning to sign up here since, but I just kept procrastinating. I was on base a couple weekends ago and some one put a sticker on my windshield, so I figured it was time to sign up. I bought the Evo with an ungodly amount of problems, I found it in Tampa for a steal at the dealer. Didn't know anything was wrong with it till I took it for a drive, as soon as I turned it on the check engine light went on, no biggie though since simple things can set them off, so I took it for a spin. Thirty seconds into the drive at around 3.5k the check engine light flashed... So I talked to the dealer to see if they could hook up a diagnostic machine, they said no, asked to take it to auto zone and check it my self, also a no. Finally I found out they a three day turn around and if I didn't like it I could bring it back. Bought the car and checked everything under the sun on the car by checking the codes out and by taking it to two different shops, finally was able to trouble shoot it down to the tune. Kept the car and got it tuned, go figure some one thought they were a pro turner and set the timing to 50 degrees for 93 octane. After the tuner was done the car ran like a dream and I have loved it ever since.

I love the Evo, cant figure out if I like it more than my old Evo IV, that car was amazing and was light as a feather. I unfortunately don't know every thing that has been done to it so I say the wrong thing feel free to correct me. Car has:
1300cc injectors
Cobb intake
Cobb charge pipe
AMS intercooler
Exhaust manifold (no clue from who)
Straight pipe all the way back, sounds like a formula race car when I get on it
Coil overs (also no clue by who)
Cosworth fuel rail
I am sure I am missing more, still trying to figure every thing out on the car, but I do know its a blast to drive. Plan to find a FP red turbo and send the transmission to Jacks to have the transmission upgraded and new clutches thrown in, but that will be after my next deployment and I have money.

Here is a few pics of the rides
Attached Thumbnails Finally quite stalking-20140722_113941.jpg   Finally quite stalking-20140722_114018.jpg   Finally quite stalking-20140722_114047.jpg   Finally quite stalking-20140722_120736.jpg   Finally quite stalking-20140722_123457.jpg  

Old Jul 23, 2014, 04:31 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Thanks for checking in and sharing pics of your rides!

Bob
Old Jul 27, 2014, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome, nice stable you have there!