Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Who ever said...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who ever said...

'boost is addictive' should be a gajillionaire lol...My names Corey, I'm from the Midwest and just bought an 03 evo 8 on sat. And man I've always been a spirited driver but I can't keep my foot off of the gas pedal. I'm finding myself already content with the amount of power it has now lol... She's got most of the basic bolt on's now and I forsee e85 and/or a bigger turbo in the very near future! It's official....I love this car...And I'm a boost junkie!
Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by jonzie04
'boost is addictive' should be a gajillionaire lol...My names Corey, I'm from the Midwest and just bought an 03 evo 8 on sat. And man I've always been a spirited driver but I can't keep my foot off of the gas pedal. I'm finding myself already content with the amount of power it has now lol... She's got most of the basic bolt on's now and I forsee e85 and/or a bigger turbo in the very near future! It's official....I love this car...And I'm a boost junkie!
Welcome. Congrats on your purchase. Someone is bound to ask for pics so you might as well put some up. You'll be keeping your foot in it for the first month or so. Then once you start having to fill it up every few days you'll calm down a bit
Old Jul 14, 2011, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by B Fletch LV
Welcome. Congrats on your purchase. Someone is bound to ask for pics so you might as well put some up. You'll be keeping your foot in it for the first month or so. Then once you start having to fill it up every few days you'll calm down a bit
Thanks, and you're right man about the gas thing lol... Heres a pic. My only camera is my phone so bleh.

Curent mods are Ets upper/lower ic piping MAF adaptar, airfilter Godspeed intercooler , forge wastegate, 10.5 hotside, megan o2 housing and testpipe, bushur tbe, ported exhaust manifold, hks 272’s, adjustable coilovers, act xtss, Wally fuel pump.

Plans are MBC, Injectors, e85 tune for my go faster now fix. Farther future is better intercooler and build tranny, as 5th gear is scratching at high rpm. And one day very far from now an all out build.

Will try to have a friend with a camera take a better pic one day
Attached Thumbnails Who ever said...-photo-4.jpg  
Old Jul 14, 2011, 09:23 PM

Congrats and Welcome! Nice color choice if I might say!
Old Jul 16, 2011, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Is there anyway anyone could help me out. I have all of those mods and I am only seeing 15-16lbs of boost. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I've never done a boost leak test until yesterday and I found 2 boost leaks in the intercooler piping where the clamps on the coupler was loose. I fixed them and the boost is still only around 15 psi. The car has the stock 8 bov and a forge waste gate. The guy before the guy who I bought it from was running a 9 Bov at around 23-4 psi. But had to switch to an 8 after having issues with it. I'm really confused. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by apexnine
Congrats and Welcome! Nice color choice if I might say!
Thanks for the welcome!
Old Jul 16, 2011, 04:43 PM

cant wait for my evo 8!