Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Stupid Evo ? DOn't Flame me Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2004, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid Evo ? DOn't Flame me Please!!!

I know i know this is a very stupid question but I was always wondering. Has anyone seen Inital D? is there such thing as a misfiring system for the evo?? <--- just wondering.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Haven't seen the movie, and not quite sure what a "misfiring system" is. I have not heard of one either.

Do you mean like an ignition system?
Like @ http://www.msdignition.com/
Old Jan 12, 2004, 06:25 PM

Yeah I have seen it I know what he is talking about a backfiring system like they us on rally cars, but I was told they are completly illegal on the streets and the turbo wouldn't last long from the continuous backfire.

but inless im talking outa my a$$ thats all i know
Old Jan 12, 2004, 06:27 PM

damn not again. this is like talking to those forsaken high schoolers again. some how people get so caught up in the initial d thing. well to answer your quest about the mis-firing system, to tell u the truth i have never seen one before. but from what i hear it does exist and all it basically does is kill your turbo lag. essentially it is a anti turbo lag system. and if u are gonna be like one of those retarded high schoolers who want it just cause it makes a nice pop sound and makes the car faster in turns, NO. this is totally not street legal and the only people who get this system is really really rich people and rally teams cause this thing will kill your engine quick style.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 06:52 PM

It basically causes mini explosions in the exhaust manifold to keep the turbine moving at speed to eliminate turbo lag.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by aZnLaNcEr
damn not again. this is like talking to those forsaken high schoolers again. some how people get so caught up in the initial d thing. well to answer your quest about the mis-firing system, to tell u the truth i have never seen one before. but from what i hear it does exist and all it basically does is kill your turbo lag. essentially it is a anti turbo lag system. and if u are gonna be like one of those retarded high schoolers who want it just cause it makes a nice pop sound and makes the car faster in turns, NO. this is totally not street legal and the only people who get this system is really really rich people and rally teams cause this thing will kill your engine quick style.

Im just interested wtf do you have to be so rude about it for? why not just answer the question and move on? Thats bs there is no reason that you had to verbally attack him for a question "granted it wasnt a very good one" but still! Chill ppl just because you couldnt afford the car at his age. Dont take it out on him!
Old Jan 12, 2004, 06:58 PM

also known as AntiLag....quite a few aftermarket computers allow for this. keep in mind...wrc vehicles are able to replace their $134,123,523,432 turbines after every race.... i have previously read that a vehicle on an typical course(either on-road of off) would basically obliterate a turbo charger within about 5000mi using antilag. fun? yes...very... but also expensive =)
Old Jan 12, 2004, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Ok... I understad now

I heard a guy @ telling about some rally car that came in that had that on it (an extra fuel line), that kept the turbo spooled at boost.

But I remember him saying it was WAY expensive set up. And not for a street car. I just didn't know it was called

So has anyone added a stutter box to there car yet?
Old Jan 12, 2004, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

I love Initial D , I happen to own a 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo .

A mis-firing system/anti-lag system is when combustion happens outside of the chamber so the turbo is constantly spooled, and that is why you hear that popping noise.

It's basically one constant powerband since you never have to wait for your turbo to spool. But unless you like rebuilding your engine every year, it's not the most practical thing in the world for the streets

I've seen/heard of a couple people doing it on their street cars though...
Old Jan 12, 2004, 11:55 PM
Evolving Member

Ohh thanks!!! *sigh* yup i got flamed or people other than me did. I was just curious cause i didnt know if it was real or not from the anime. Some things sounded real and I didnt know if that was real or not. Im not a highschooler =P. I wonder how fast that would be tho with turbo at constant spool. I wonder if its possible to make ure cars like the super man ride =P.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

oh I have an evo =P just i dont drive very well. =P I crashed my oz. so I moved to an evo.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

Ok I had another question.. SOrry so many posts.. in the evo is it hard for shifting? When I shift somehow it gets caught and it has trouble getting into the gear slot and when im like in 4th and doing 40mph and i let go of the gas it makes this ... hmm.. straining sound like my gear is getting eatten or something.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 12:48 AM

Originally posted by Muramasa
oh I have an evo =P just i dont drive very well. =P I crashed my oz. so I moved to an evo.
From that, all I have to say is don't try. At least not until you've got track time. AWD drifting is a bit trickier (at least from my experience) than RWD drifting.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 10:47 PM

Anti-Lag allows extra fuel to be dumped in to the the combustion chamber, the timng is retarded and the explosion is not being achived in the exhaust manifold. Closer to the turbo which allows for the turbo to stay spooled or spool up.
This it what it says out of my Haltech Book. I am running a E6K on my GSX. I love the Haltech!

Anti Lag goes a little something like this. "Anti-Lag switch function allows turbo charged vehicles to decrees the lag associated with boost when motor is not under full load."

Parameters are as follows:

Retard Valve: Ignition timing is retarded by this amount when the Anti-Lag conditions for operation are met. The Valid range for the

Retard Valve is (1-20 Degrees) ATDC
%Inc. Fuel: The percentage of fuel increased duing Anti-Lag operation. The Valid range for this function is (1 to 50)%.

Throttle Perc: The throttle postion valve BELOW which Anti-Lag is operational. The Valid range is (5-80)%.

WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE ANTI LAG FOR PROLONGED PERIODS. EXHAUST AND TURBO TEMPS RISE, WHICH CAUSE ENGINE DAMAGE.

So in a nut shell if you are asking about anti lag, it is not for you.

I run it on my GSX with no ill affects. But I do listen to the Warning above. I only use it for the track. It starts hissing like a snake and I leave the line with about 7 psi of boost.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

=P thank you for satisfying my curiosity. =P unlike some people.. I thought everyone was nice and everyone was welcome to post questions, cause even though its a stupid question, its still part of the learning process right??