Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

my lancer is just slow as a snail

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down my lancer is just slow as a snail

now it just may be me . . . but i love my lancer to death and .. well would trade for a better car but would hate to leave it .. but anyways

i have added a new catback and new intake to my 02 ES and its still runnin like 10 second 0-60 times. I timed with a stop watch so it may not be "accurate" but i mean it cant be off 3 seconds or 2 seconds.

granted i do have subs in the trunk and auto .. ive still herd of people gettin 8.2 with subs and auto on this forum

any one know what could be wrong? maybe something i need to look into? i know im gettin headers real soon maybe that will help

thanks guys
Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

also look into a bored throttle body and if you have a manual get the RRM ecu upgrade, with that you will be doing fairly better. best of luck and welcome. Or you can ge extreme and go turbo.

RRM is Road Race Motorsports
Old Jul 16, 2003, 01:34 AM
Evolved Member

The header will make you feel all better, trust me. Go with a highflow cat or testpipe also, and you'll look back at this post and smile.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

haha alright thanks guys. because yesterday i was lined up with a 4-day sunfire and the guy just got right infront of me. GOod thing i wasnt afraid to double the speed limit and passsed him back, but still i was like, damn a sunfire.

ya im def. getting headers by the mid of august and i really hope those work out good. and a test pipe will be after that no doubt.

but.. if i open my exhaust piping from 2" to 2.25" will the test pipe still fit?
Old Jul 16, 2003, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

the test pipe will fit no problem, cause when u have custom cat back made they make it so the cat can still be attached to it, and the off road (test) pipe is the same bolting size of the cat. Its just a stright thru pipe with no restrictions in it.

john
Old Jul 16, 2003, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

i didnt get a custom cat back, i just got a magnaflow muffler and thats axle back and me and a friend took out the resonator. so .. . i dunno. btu i really wanna get the piping to 2.25" that would be good.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 11:18 AM

Wink

dude, just go for a straight pipe system that is no more then 2.25", and throw on a resonator so you can keep your low end tourque, deep tone, and so the pigs wont be all over ya. Good luck on your ride i know how you feel.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

The answer lies in the fact you got an axle back. A catback with a full 2.25-2.5 inches will show a bit more power. Just remember though folks, we live in an age of technology. Gone are the days where a simple intake swap and a new exhaust will net good results. Car companies have learned that by maximizing intake and exhaust bottlenecks, they can create much more power out of an engine. Not saying the Lancer is the best example, but just talk to the guys over at the 350Z and G35 boards. Intake nets no performance increases, and an exhaust is barely noticable.

Id say the whole deal with an overbored throttlebody, intake, catback, header, and test pipe, with maybe an AFC to take advantage of the changes, would actually show a noticable increase.

This is the whole reason why Ive directed my money towards suspension. Theres nothing better than leaving some faster cars in the turns because they cant handle as well. Good luck with the power increases though.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 11:38 AM
In Timeout

Why be kinda fast when you can be hella loud? Header's rock!
Old Jul 16, 2003, 11:41 AM

you are absolutly right about intake and just a simple exhaust not doing much tristar racing, but if you put a bunch of little mods together they all work as one for increased power.

intake
borred throtle body
borred intake manifold
headers
exhaust
safc

these are just a few of some great choices that will increase power. i always try to keep in mind that i own a lancer, not a power house. lol .
Old Jul 16, 2003, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

our car is an econobox, if you really want some performance--get a turbo it might be pretty steep in price but after making all the liitle mods, it will be around the same cost. If you are really concerned with going faster, take the subs out of the back and use the sportronic shifter if you have one?
Old Jul 16, 2003, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

I hear ya man.....my snail is as slow as your Lancer.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

get nos.. the rest of the stuff on the lancer is a waste of time and you can't smoke anything you couldn't smoke before anyways.. i mean come on .. how much hp are you going to get from an I/H/E combo.. just spray it
Old Jul 16, 2003, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Forget what this guy is saying here about the "NAAAAWS" If you want to continue to build up this car as mentioned before go F/I. It's gonna be spendy of course but if you plan on keeping the car and building it up its the only route to go to get TRUE power.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Hey man, if you live in Naperville...and it's in Illinois, you can probably afford a nice turbo setup...j/k.

There are plenty of less-costly options, like those listed above. Just remember, this car wasn't made to go fast. It most certainly can, but it takes hard work and lots of money.

Of course, those people who put the money into the car have been (for what I've seen) very, very happy.

Quick Reply: my lancer is just slow as a snail