Notices
EvoM Announcements Discuss our latest site announcements.

Re-Structuring of the Vendor Classifieds

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2003, 06:59 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-Structuring of the Vendor Classifieds

As you may have noticed, we've now re-structured the format of the Vendor Classifieds forum. We now have an Evo forum and Lancer forum just for vendor classifieds items. The private classifieds are still grouped together at this time and can be found under the Misc. section of the forums. Here's direct links to each forum:

Evo Vendor Classifieds

US Lancer Vendor Classifieds

Private Classifieds

Mark
Old Jul 15, 2003, 07:48 PM

It seems to me that this is not the best idea. True it might make it easier to see off the bat what is specifically for which car, but it also makes it even harder for vendors to get their wares seen. It seems to me that this was done at the request of a small group of vendors which it will help, this change will likely hurt other vendors. Give and take is what life is all about. I guess I like the other system because it treats all vendors the same.

Also I'd like to point out that the "Vendor Classified" on the front page is now only listing the recent vendor deals in the Evolution section of this.

I would say just leave it together, let us figure out what goes where.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 08:21 PM
In Timeout

Good idea, Mark.

"You gotta keep 'em seperated."
Old Jul 15, 2003, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Do you think you could make it so that when you click on Vendor Classifieds you are taken to the choice of EVO, Lancer and Private as you have listed above?

I notice that when you click on the Homepage now you are taken to EVO classifieds?

WADAD
Old Jul 16, 2003, 12:26 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

I'm working on a new system for the front page to allow you to choose what you'd like to see.

Separating the forums actually make's the most sense because there's only a mall number of parts that the Lancer and Evo share and this allows vendors to target the specific vehicle group. It also allows the site to be know what ad is for what, so the main page can be customizable and we can do even more in the future.

Mark
Old Jul 16, 2003, 07:40 AM
Account Disabled

KK,

I like the idea. As a vendor this gets my items more targeted. It will also cut down any an confusion on what fits U.S. Lancer or EVO. All one needs to do is look under the type of car they have and they will be assured the part fits that car.

The only thing we need to do, is get the Lancer Classifieds on the front page. Right now it is defaulting to the Evo classifieds and the only way to get to them is by going to the main title bar and clicking the forum button. Streamline this and it will be great.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 08:20 AM
In Timeout

Mark,

Are you going to break out a Vendor Classified forum for "Other"?

For example, Ralliart and Cedia products with neither fit the LS,ES,OZ lines, nor the Evo VIII.

Just an idea...

Stew
Old Jul 16, 2003, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

How come NONE of my Evo sales are in the Evo classifieds ?
Old Jul 17, 2003, 10:20 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Ok, we've updated the main page to allow for a customizable classifieds list just like the forum and rides list. Now you can pretty much tailor the main page as you see fit

ozrallyguy, are you still having problems with posting in the Evo classifieds?

Mark