Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Evolution X Rear Strut Tower Bar - Mitsubishi Genuine Parts

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2010, 11:22 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You are eliminating some body flex, but I think the main reason is to actually keep the strut towers connected... that way the one that is unloaded will help keep the loaded one in place.

There is twisting motion on the whole body back there, but the force of it is being concentrated at the lower suspension mounts and the upper mounts for the struts.
Old May 10, 2010, 08:18 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Normally yes, this is true. But the way mitsubishi designed the CZ4A body, there is very little twisting motion between the sides in both back and front. There are some very strong braces behind the backseat built in (right in front of the the rear struts). Basically the whole deck has been strengthened for this exact reason. A rear strut may help, and it usually does, just not as much on this body as previous years / cars.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hassan!
Thank, I had to cut the plastic cover to be able to put it back on.
Frame is doin their job but it meant for street not track, specially in high speed cornering will be safer so normal people don't know how to correct steer. If frame was strong enough why Mitsubishi put strut bar at front? Any way I feel on the hard cornering I have the most pressure on both rear tires not only the out side one, also lot less bodyroll.

That is the other guys EVOx engine in our town that he blows! My friend bought it from him so he can upgrade the engine of his rally car

Because there is a gaping hole where the engine goes and there is a frame rail running over the engine between the strut towers like in the trunk.