Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Wheel Damage: Discount Tire - Help me out!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pmoney559
Discount tire did the same thing to me. I took a wheel in for a flat repair. I left the wheel with them, left to run some errands, came back to pick it up and the manager told me my rim "broke" their machine. I inspected my rim to find deep gouges running around the inside of the rim. The lip was also badly scratched up. According to the manager, my rim was too big for their machine. My rim caused their machine to break and now they have to fix their machine. He told me they wouldnt charge me for the damages. WTF?!!! After some heated arguing I left never to return to any Discount Tire shops otherwise I might have beat somebody up.

The wheel broke their machine? LOL! good one. No accountability these days, for real. Gotta love how they turned it around on you when obviously you were the victim.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discount tire did the same thing to me. I took a wheel in for a flat repair. I left the wheel with them, left to run some errands, came back to pick it up and the manager told me my rim "broke" their machine. I inspected my rim to find deep gouges running around the inside of the rim. The lip was also badly scratched up. According to the manager, my rim was too big for their machine. My rim caused their machine to break and now they have to fix their machine. He told me they wouldnt charge me for the damages. WTF?!!! After some heated arguing I left never to return to any Discount Tire shops otherwise I might have beat somebody up.
Looks like their technician broke their machine. Some machines are designed for up to a certain rim diameter. Two fails in one. Not using the right machine and not using protective clamp covers. Manager sounds like a ****tard. Their spin table transmission probably crapped out after so much pressure was put on the duck head when trying to pull up the first bead.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

les shuawb ftw.

good luck with that though, you really have no proof it was them after the fact. if they dont just own up to it.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

can we sticky this? DO NOT take your car to discount tire! they will f' it up!! same thing happen to my wheel but it wasnt bad as yours. when i got my new tires they mess up my Brembos and wheels! of course it was when i got home before i realize what they did.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

The best thing to do is call the tire shop where you want to have it done at and inform them of your setup. If they are willing and have the know how to perform the work, there will be less of a chance for claims.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedI2acerX
can we sticky this? DO NOT take your car to discount tire! they will f' it up!! same thing happen to my wheel but it wasnt bad as yours. when i got my new tires they mess up my Brembos and wheels! of course it was when i got home before i realize what they did.
i wonder now if they are the reason why my rear driver side brembo's got a "chip". when i saw this my car probably had 3k miles.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 09:30 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

Being tire mounting experts, Discount tire should have known whether they can mount a tire on your wheel or not. It's their fault for trying.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cyp
Being tire mounting experts, Discount tire should have known whether they can mount a tire on your wheel or not. It's their fault for trying.
they may be experts at tire mounting but they still probably get paid minimum wage and could care less about doing a quality job
Old Oct 17, 2009, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Discount Tire, experts?!

I havent gone to Discount Tire Center since 2003. That same year, same thing happened to me. Another guy had their Volks scratched and we all boycotted Discount Tire since then. (specifically, the El Monte, CA branch) Search "Vick" in NASIOC.com
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Same happened to me today at Discount Tire. I made the manager write me a note promising they would replace or repair the wheel. Seeing one of my CE-28N Formula Limited wheels that I waited months for in this state was painful.

Where do we go for this kind of work? Is there some kind of premium place that absolutely will not damage wheels?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 01:14 PM

any shop that includes "discount" as a name is "hell no!!!" in my book.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 02:39 PM

Rule # 1: if u wouldn't let a bunch of junor high students work on ur car don't take it to a place that hires them. I got into a car accident because of a bad tire discount sold me on my civic so I avoid them
Old Oct 24, 2009, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gardo_Segovia
Discount Tire, experts?!

I havent gone to Discount Tire Center since 2003. That same year, same thing happened to me. Another guy had their Volks scratched and we all boycotted Discount Tire since then. (specifically, the El Monte, CA branch) Search "Vick" in NASIOC.com
Reading about someone's Volk's being scratched may be the funniest thing in the world. I will have to look that up later
Old Oct 24, 2009, 07:33 PM

You should contact corperate headquarters and file an offical complaint. If that doesn't work maybe threten to sue them.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

I've never had tires mounted yet where they don't do damage to at least one of the wheels. You talk to the guys at the front and they assure you that they do Porsche's and Ferrari's all day long so don't tell them about being careful with your Mitsu's wheels. Meanwhile the monkey in the back is slapping your Volks on the concrete and using a air wrench on your aluminum lugs!

Quick Reply: Wheel Damage: Discount Tire - Help me out!