Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Installed Wing Delete Kit Lip Spoiler from roadracemotorsports.com

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed Wing Delete Kit Lip Spoiler from roadracemotorsports.com

This is a double post from the "For Sale" forums. Mods, I apologize if this isn't kosher, please delete if I broke a rule. I just thought more people would see it this way and I knew there are people interested in what this kit looks like.

I must say www.roadracemotorsports.com was a disappointment. When I ordered they failed to tell me they didn't have any in stock, so after they billed my account I had to call (after two weeks of waiting) to find out that they still had to make them. I also thought that the wing was one piece, my fault for assuming, they actually come in three pieces. The lip and the two CF covers. As far as the CF is concerned, it is of good quality, but they placed straight double sided tape on a curved piece forcing me to replace all the tape, even then it still didn't stick thoroughly so I had to use super glue on top of the tape. Also alignment was not 100%. Have some gaps. Not a pleasant shopping experience, but it does look good on a PB X.

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/s...roducts_id=408

Not the greatest pics but its pouring outside. Also Plasti Dipped the chrome off the MR and blacked out the third brake light and rear reflectors, though its hard to see in these pics. I also have the stuff to black out the rears, fronts, and some other CF parts for the front grill. Got all kinds of cool crap for a rainy weekend. More pics to come in another thread, I know you're excited.

Stopped raining for a sec so I grabbed some more pics.

Pic of the front so far, not done yet. Its sort of in limbo right now.

On a side note, I really miss my Porsche, especially with spring here. I also really miss my bug-eye, best car I have ever owned. Now I am feeling all sentimental.

Gratuitous pics:

Have a good weekend!

Andy
Old Mar 25, 2010, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

I want pics of that kick *** blue dodge daytona in the background! twas my post-high school car. (Shelby Z, broke down NON-STOP, got pissed, gave it away to a guy at work if he picked the damn thing up, impulse bought the X, here I am)

Back on topic. The wing delete kit is ok, but the little cover panels look kinda goofy. But the plugs in the trunk arent any better. 5/10. Just my OP.

Last edited by CC16; Mar 25, 2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 08:29 PM
raz
Evolving Member

why does anyone not make a complete over lay with a built in spoiler that covers the top of the trunk in one piece, instead of the tack-on pieces
Old Mar 26, 2010, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by raz
why does anyone not make a complete over lay with a built in spoiler that covers the top of the trunk in one piece, instead of the tack-on pieces
I have no idea, but I have to say I agree with both of you. I am not really digging the look.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

I am saving the holes, hence the kit. I didn't want to do anything permanent until I was 100% on whether I liked it or not. Like you I am not sure I even like the look. I paid $230 shipped. It was an experiment to see how well they covered up the hole. Hopefully this thread will provide others with the tools to make up their own mind as to whether or not this product is for them.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 05:48 AM

when the price is factored in it doesnt look bad
Old Mar 26, 2010, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

i was eyeing those pieces for a while cuz of the decent price. I'm torn on whether or not to shoot for it, i just can't decide.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boxerguy56
i was eyeing those pieces for a while cuz of the decent price. I'm torn on whether or not to shoot for it, i just can't decide.
Well you have a PB X so you have color on your side. I will try to snap some more pics when there is some sun in the sky. That actually may be next week though.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:07 PM

I have seriously been thinking about this, but it just doesn't look right. Not bad for the price, but the lines just don't work for me. I'll probably just sink the money into the Do-Luck trunk.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Once again the pieces are loosing their grip on the trunk, I have sent an email to ask for a return/refund. For one I don't necessarily like the look, but that is not the main reason. There are gaps between the pieces and spoiler, making the fitment poor. When I received the kit they had placed straight pieces of tape on the curved pieces, so the tape was all loose and dry when I finally received it. So after replacing all the tape and cleaning the trunk with alcohol, the pieces still don't stick completely. I hope they will except my return.

Hope others read this and take it for what it is.

Andy
Old Mar 26, 2010, 04:59 PM

I am not fan of this kit but it looks great on the ur car. Indeed carbon look sexy on gray and black
Old Mar 26, 2010, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

I love the oem SSS spoiler looks like a touring now!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gungravevn
I am not fan of this kit but it looks great on the ur car. Indeed carbon look sexy on gray and black

Thank you, but:

Once again the pieces are loosing their grip on the trunk, I have sent an email to ask for a return/refund. For one I don't necessarily like the look, but that is not the main reason. There are gaps between the pieces and spoiler, making the fitment poor. When I received the kit they had placed straight pieces of tape on the curved pieces, so the tape was all loose and dry when I finally received it. So after replacing all the tape and cleaning the trunk with alcohol, the pieces still don't stick completely. I hope they will except my return.

Andy
Old Apr 1, 2010, 09:56 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Looks pretty good on PB, thanks for posting up some pics!

Had no idea it wasn't a 1-piece setup, so that kinda sucks.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 07:27 AM

imho not the best look for the X...stick with the wing

Quick Reply: Installed Wing Delete Kit Lip Spoiler from roadracemotorsports.com