Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

DVD in Motion Update 2012 MMCS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ogrenator
I got no problem throwing 20 towards this...otaku...you are the one who did the dvd in motion for the 2008 navi arent u?
Yes he was the one who originally did that.

All we need from you guys is to follow this and report to us what versions you have:

1. Hold SET+NAVI for a few seconds to bring up the service menu
2. Touch "Versions Indication"
3. Note the version string for the "Loader"

Once the donations are clear and the program is made I will host it on my personal site that I can guarantee wont go down for another 10 years

I will make a Very very thorough youtube video that will depict every thing involved from downloading the file to watching your first motion movie

We first need to find out what is the newest version of the navi so go do that !
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:40 AM

Great! I will donate $50 to the DVD / AUX in motion MMCS development fund.

Loader: BLD-NR-261UM 1.09
Application: 00.70.04
'12 Outlander
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OtakuTTA
Depends on what you're talking about ? New patched versions, or the patching program..

Nope - Are there firmware update disks available for it ?
I don't see a 740N mentioned on the chrysler site.
Im just wondering how long it would be till we would have whatever we need to have DVD in motion, whatever you will be working on. And my bad its a 730N and its technically in a Jeep but its in all Chrysler products. I have no idea on the disks. Someone already created an update for the software and the gracenotes but it still doesn't allow video in motion and still has bugs. Just didn't know if you had delved into those systems yet.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hakmeister
Yes he was the one who originally did that.

All we need from you guys is to follow this and report to us what versions you have:

1. Hold SET+NAVI for a few seconds to bring up the service menu
2. Touch "Versions Indication"
3. Note the version string for the "Loader"

Once the donations are clear and the program is made I will host it on my personal site that I can guarantee wont go down for another 10 years

I will make a Very very thorough youtube video that will depict every thing involved from downloading the file to watching your first motion movie

We first need to find out what is the newest version of the navi so go do that !
Are you going to be creating the escrow site? And do we know how much this will cost total or is it just how ever much we get raised will do? Or will the programming depend on how much is accumulated?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by racingguy13
Are you going to be creating the escrow site? And do we know how much this will cost total or is it just how ever much we get raised will do? Or will the programming depend on how much is accumulated?
I'm going to discuss with otaku whats the easiest way to give him the money raised, for right now i'm trying to find out who's willing to donate and what version everyone as
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:48 PM

Hrm.
Nope... vworker has been around for years - used to be called rentacoder.
What you're really doing is trying to get me interested in doing some more with the system. If all you're after is dvd-in-motion for certain versions, then list them because thats going to a lot less work for me that rewriting the patcher.
Whichever path you want to go :
If there is enough interest for me to feel its worth my time, then I'll set aside some for it. If not, I have other projects to work on ( including my real job which currently takes up pretty much most of my day ).
If you think I'm trying to rip anyone off, think again.. I'm only here because I have a mailbox with enough "Could you do a patch for version xxxxx" emails in it to make me sympathetic.

Let me know what the outcome is, when you all decide what you want to do.
have a good 'un.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:49 PM

And my bad its a 730N and its technically in a Jeep but its in all Chrysler products.
It runs a QNX OS.. I've done some work with it before, but not on that platform.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Im not at all saying you are trying to rip anyone off or anything along those lines. Just what would it take. I would like DVD and Aux in motion at the least but if you have more to add to it to make any part of it better im all for it. Im trying to stay away from going aftermarket. Im willing to throw $100 in to the pot, maybe a little more depending, so hopefully we get enough people throwing in for this. I was asking Hakmeister if he was going to be the one setting up the deal on vworker. Also if you ever do run into working on the 730N for another project, let me know. Id be willing to throw some down for that too.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Im not at all saying you are trying to rip anyone off or anything along those lines. Just what would it take. I would like DVD and Aux in motion at the least but if you have more to add to it to make any part of it better im all for it. Im trying to stay away from going aftermarket. Im willing to throw $100 in to the pot, maybe a little more depending, so hopefully we get enough people throwing in for this. I was asking Hakmeister if he was going to be the one setting up the deal on vworker. Also if you ever do run into working on the 730N for another project, let me know. Id be willing to throw some down for that too.
more than likely otaku will be setting up the vworker transaction, I'm just getting everyone and everything organized for otaku to make it easier on him.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by OtakuTTA
Hrm.
Nope... vworker has been around for years - used to be called rentacoder.
What you're really doing is trying to get me interested in doing some more with the system. If all you're after is dvd-in-motion for certain versions, then list them because thats going to a lot less work for me that rewriting the patcher.
Whichever path you want to go :
If there is enough interest for me to feel its worth my time, then I'll set aside some for it. If not, I have other projects to work on ( including my real job which currently takes up pretty much most of my day ).
If you think I'm trying to rip anyone off, think again.. I'm only here because I have a mailbox with enough "Could you do a patch for version xxxxx" emails in it to make me sympathetic.

Let me know what the outcome is, when you all decide what you want to do.
have a good 'un.
I'm happy with the 'in-motion' mod but am curious.... what other updates to you have in mind? Please tell more...
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

If its not too troublesome. Does anyone have an update disk for the 2008 navi? I'm trying not to spend $200 for an update from the stealership.

Like I said on my fist post on this thread.. I'm willing to put in a Benjamin.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

2012 EVO MR

BLD-NR-261UM 1.09
01.09.00 000004

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 1, 2012, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ethics
2012 EVO MR