Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Where to source OEM parts for X or any Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Where to source OEM parts for X or any Evo?

So recently, I had to have some work done on my X and needed some OEM gaskets to replace. The shop was able to source most of the parts through the dealers but there was a 1 particularly part that was a pain in the *** to get.

It was the thermostat housing gasket (why are these things made of paper!?!?!) and no one seems to stock them. Again, I was lucky that the shop was able to get one but seriously NO ONE has one in stock. Because of a 7 dollar gasket to be delivered, I have to sit and wait for the car to be finished.

If it is this hard to get a freaking gasket? What happens when Mitsu really does pull out from N. America? Will we still be able to get OEM stuff? I am not talking about modding it since there is a pretty good market for it, but the little OEM pieces here and there. Is it this much of a pain to get OEM stuff for other brands as well?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mitsubishiparts.net
Old Jul 24, 2014, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah that's the first place I checked. It doesn't say if the part is in stock or not. According to a few places, they are on back order unless someone has one in stock.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check Extremepsi or STM if you are looking for some place closer to you. Even if it isn't listed on Extremepsi's website if you give them a call or email they will go the extra mile and find what you need, they sourced some uncommon parts for my dsm years back.