Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Progressive snapshot on evo :D

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Progressive snapshot on evo :D

Hey guys and gals. Just thought I'd share my experiance with this money saving chip. First off I'm 23, pay $349 a month for my monthly car payment, and ONLY drive my Evo 2 months out of the year (july and Aug) on SUNNY days. Only 2,777 miles on her since a year and a half ago. I do have a beater for every other day.

So being 23 and an Evo owner, I was paying 1,100 bucks for 6 months of insurance on the Evo with my 02 Suzuki. My 2002 Suzuki is only 375 for 6 months, and the Evo fills the rest of that bill. Just got my snapshot adjusted bill and will only be paying a grand TOTAL of 800 bucks!!!!! Quiet happy tonight

Last edited by Orinux; Feb 23, 2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:04 PM

Nice, I'd be happy paying either of those prices, preferably the lower one X-D
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's great! Although, age, driving history, & type of vehicle is only part of the picture. If you live in an area where thieves are prone more to stealing farm animals than cars, your rates probably will be alot lower than if you lived elsewhere..
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
$35000 car + insurance + registration + gas. Drive 2 months a year.

Thats an expensive toy. Probably a dumb purchase.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Orinux
Quiet happy tonight
So, you are being silently happy? If I were paying insurance rates like that, I would be quite happy. LOL
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Landshark
$35000 car + insurance + registration + gas. Drive 2 months a year.

Thats an expensive toy. Probably a dumb purchase.
Agreed. I have had my fair share of vehicles and use to always worry about keeping the miles low. Not anymore. If I'm paying almost 40k for a vehicle, you better believe I'm getting my moneys worth.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 04:22 AM
Evolving Member

The changed total is not too bad, considering I would be paying a little less than that on just an evo, closer to 700. but the 1100 is crazy, i would have found a different company. when i was searching for insurance progressive was the highest of the companies though.

But I wouldn't mind getting a piece of Flo I kid... kinda
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:09 AM
Evolving Member

The question is, will that rate change come summer time when you drive it hard? The whole thing about snapshot is that your rate adjusts for your driving habits. Of course for 10 months of the year, while the car sits, it will be low. It will be interesting to see how it changes if you take it out for a spin and open the car up a little and how that affects your rate.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jestoy7
The question is, will that rate change come summer time when you drive it hard? The whole thing about snapshot is that your rate adjusts for your driving habits. Of course for 10 months of the year, while the car sits, it will be low. It will be interesting to see how it changes if you take it out for a spin and open the car up a little and how that affects your rate.
I think you only keep it for a couple months, and then return it... not sure though... I thought I saw that somewhere.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:40 AM
Evolving Member

Would be nice if OP can chime in and let us know if it's a permanent thing or a 3 month thing and they adjust your bill and u return it. I deploy alot and my car is barely driven but when I'm home I drive it like a madman.

I have progressive with bare minimum and my insurance is like 700$/6mos
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:44 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by way2low01
Agreed. I have had my fair share of vehicles and use to always worry about keeping the miles low. Not anymore. If I'm paying almost 40k for a vehicle, you better believe I'm getting my moneys worth.
x2
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:30 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
There was an editorial about Snapshot in Automobile a month or two back. In essence, the device measures when the car is driven - as in the time of day - and for how long, and it logs the driver's use of the throttle and the brake. The wrote said that he drove normally throughout his stint with a Snapshot, and was later asked by a Progressive representative whether he was trying to rack-up as many negative points as possible.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
There was an editorial about Snapshot in Automobile a month or two back. In essence, the device measures when the car is driven - as in the time of day - and for how long, and it logs the driver's use of the throttle and the brake. The wrote said that he drove normally throughout his stint with a Snapshot, and was later asked by a Progressive representative whether he was trying to rack-up as many negative points as possible.
HAHA now thats funny!
I think someone should get one hooked up and go drive the hell out of the car and come back and see what the rep says
Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Being an insurance agent representing Progressive, I was one of the test pilots for the program. Lets just say I forgot it was in the car once or twice.. I also know the maximum speed that can be graphed
Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boosted91t
Being an insurance agent representing Progressive, I was one of the test pilots for the program. Lets just say I forgot it was in the car once or twice.. I also know the maximum speed that can be graphed
Can anyone go to Progressive and ask to try it even without an acct with them to get an idea? (Insert DEVIL grin)

Quick Reply: Progressive snapshot on evo :D