Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

s-awc issue ( 2008 X-MR)

Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How the f*ck is that pump not covered under powertrain warranty??????!!!!!!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 01:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redmachine
How the f*ck is that pump not covered under powertrain warranty??????!!!!!!
It is. See post #14.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

^ JDMCT9MR... see post #9... it seems they cover it under the 3 year 36k "bumper to bumper" warranty not under the 5 year 60k powertrain warranty... I already had an issue with mitsu and their bullsh!t warranty with a headlight they denied replacing which cost $900 and yesterday the service manager at my dealership who im cool with told me a guy with a black MR came in with a messed up trans, no mods, and mitsu are gona deny the claim... My mechanic says its $14,000 total for new trans and labor... I love my Evo X MR but end of next year im going with the new STI or Focus RS if they decide to bring it to the states...
Old Jul 14, 2011, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Everything was covered under the powertrain warrenty. Mitsu motors was very responsive and thorough. The tech went above and beyond too. I was very happy with Mitsus process and they way the whole thing went.
I even have some light mods and tehre was no hastle.
When problems like this happen, its all about how the car owner and the dealer handle them.
Never listen to stories second hand either!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Finally, a happy ending to a warranty issue
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

^ Im glad theres a happy ending... unfortunately my experience with mitsubishi has been garbage and i can only speak for myself... I have a great relationship with my service and parts manager and they felt so bad for me that they have given me parts at cost and have done work and serviced my car for free... What i said about someone and an MR trans wasnt second hand stuff, that was the service manager himself that told me. Ill say again that i love my car and wasnt planing on getting rid of it next year, and im sure whatever i replace it with next year will not live up to it, even if i can manage getting my hands on a 2009 audi RS4 i doubt it will handle like my evo... but after what i went through im scared ****less if something else goes wrong on my car... I lost my trust in mitsubishi, and wouldnt even buy a TV from them now.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by redmachine
^ JDMCT9MR... see post #9... it seems they cover it under the 3 year 36k "bumper to bumper" warranty not under the 5 year 60k powertrain warranty... I already had an issue with mitsu and their bullsh!t warranty with a headlight they denied replacing which cost $900 and yesterday the service manager at my dealership who im cool with told me a guy with a black MR came in with a messed up trans, no mods, and mitsu are gona deny the claim... My mechanic says its $14,000 total for new trans and labor... I love my Evo X MR but end of next year im going with the new STI or Focus RS if they decide to bring it to the states...
That is some BS. I thought about trying to see if I could find someone in socal with a 07-10 STI with similar mileage to trade since I don't want to deal with getting warranty work done if something goes wrong. An sti wagon was my first choice but those damn things are more than I wanted to pay.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mikebus7
Everything was covered under the powertrain warrenty. Mitsu motors was very responsive and thorough. The tech went above and beyond too. I was very happy with Mitsus process and they way the whole thing went.
I even have some light mods and tehre was no hastle.
When problems like this happen, its all about how the car owner and the dealer handle them.
Never listen to stories second hand either!
Bumping thread, so I'm guessing if it was covered under powertrain warranty then that means it "should" be covered under the 5yr 60k mile warranty correct?
Old May 28, 2013, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

a service manager told me ACD pump is covered under 36k or 3yrs warranty or which ever comes first - i dont know what to do now, that is expensive .. after going to the dealer having them reflash my awc bcoz they said it was a "recall" i got a blinking tarmac/gravel/snow in exchange for that all wheel drive service required. dying ACD pump?
Old May 30, 2013, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Interesting thread. I should expect this come 40k...OK.
Old May 30, 2013, 08:44 PM

all this makes me not want to buy a evo. None the less a used one.......
Old May 31, 2013, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

If I'm not mistaken for the people who have been screwed out of the warranty, don't they make kits to rebuild these pumps now? I know I saw someone who rebuilt one on youtube. There's gotta be some kit out now for this.
Old May 31, 2013, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Correct: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-E...-/321129875064
Old Aug 4, 2014, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Guys, update on this story, I am the OP from a few years ago. I had bought a 2011 when it came out and traded in the 08 with the ACD pump issue.
Well, 45k miles on this car and the pump is failing again. Its comically upsetting. I am starting the process again and I will keep you all posted
throwing codes ACD c161F and ECU P 2096. NOt sure if they are related, but they both happened around the same time
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

wow... sorry to hear that op.

Originally Posted by Mikebus7
Guys, update on this story, I am the OP from a few years ago. I had bought a 2011 when it came out and traded in the 08 with the ACD pump issue.
Well, 45k miles on this car and the pump is failing again. Its comically upsetting. I am starting the process again and I will keep you all posted
throwing codes ACD c161F and ECU P 2096. NOt sure if they are related, but they both happened around the same time

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: s-awc issue ( 2008 X-MR)