Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Just bought an evo x and have some questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Just bought an evo x and have some questions

Hi everybody,

I have just bought a brand new 2009 evolution x.
Basically there are a few queries that I have.
1. It is a 5 speed manual so does that mean it is a GSR?
2. The vents in the hood are the same colour as the car (red) I have seen some evo's that these and the vents behind the wheels are black how come mine are not black?
3. It has the Rockford westgate system (if that's what its called) but not the 7" screen does that mean it's not full option?

Thanks in advance for your help. Sorry if my questions sound stupid! I imagine they might to some 

Oh and thanks for having me on this great form!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 09:05 PM

56 views and not one reply are my questions really that stupid?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

The x was not made in 2009, yes it's a GSR, fosgate, not wesgate, and yes there is a navi offered for the evo, so no you don't have the whole option. And I guess someone painted your vents, because they should be black.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by E\/0 X
Hi everybody,

I have just bought a brand new 2009 evolution x.
Basically there are a few queries that I have.
1. It is a 5 speed manual so does that mean it is a GSR?
2. The vents in the hood are the same colour as the car (red) I have seen some evo's that these and the vents behind the wheels are black how come mine are not black?
3. It has the Rockford westgate system (if that's what its called) but not the 7" screen does that mean it's not full option?

Thanks in advance for your help. Sorry if my questions sound stupid! I imagine they might to some 

Oh and thanks for having me on this great form!

Congrats on your purchase.

1. Yes it is a GSR.
2. I am not sure about the vents... could be an 2010 thing but the 08s were black except for the MRs.
3. The Navi Package is a different package than the Rockford Fostgate which is part of the SSL Package(Sight Sound Leather) Package.

I believe this are the correct answer. I do not have a X but at least I could answer them to the best of my knowledge.

and yes I believe you have a 2010... likely built in 09.. what is the build date. Its on the placard on the driver's side just to the left of the driver seat on the frame of the car.

Last edited by Astro_Train; Mar 7, 2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 09:14 PM

Thanks for your reply! On all the paper work I have for the car Mitsubishi have written that it is a 2009 model?? Also the car is brand new and has never left the showroom. I do t think it's possible some1 has painted the vents. I live in the middle east could it be the spec we get over here? And thanks for the correction on the stereo. Shows how little I know 
Old Mar 7, 2011, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Thanks for your reply! On all the paper work I have for the car Mitsubishi have written that it is a 2009 model?? Also the car is brand new and has never left the showroom. I do t think it's possible some1 has painted the vents. I live in the middle east could it be the spec we get over here? And thanks for the correction on the stereo. Shows how little I know 
just realized you are in Bahrain.... explains everything as far as the year go.

As for pretty much everything. The packages are different for every market so really if you want the black vents, you could always order some. The only thing that stays the same is the GSR and MR classification which determaines the type of tranny is in the car. GSR have 5 speeds. MRs have the SST.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Astro_Train
just realized you are in Bahrain.... explains everything as far as the year go.

As for pretty much everything. The packages are different for every market so really if you want the black vents, you could always order some. The only thing that stays the same is the GSR and MR classification which determaines the type of tranny is in the car. GSR have 5 speeds. MRs have the SST.
Thanks every1 for the replies has cleared alot up for me. Was a little bit worried but not anymore! I will check the build date. I don't think it is a 2010 as it has the old orange display screen on the cluster. I think in 2010 they changed it to the colour screen. But I'm not 100% on that. Either way I am extremely happy with the car. It's my first evo and I'm just over the moon with it  thanks again guys
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on your unique Evo!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

How did you buy a car and not know the simple questions like what type of radio/speakers is in it? why didnt you just ask the dealer when you made your purchase? Im not being a smart a$$, just curious. congradulations on your purchase, im sure you will enjoy.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jdunn502
How did you buy a car and not know the simple questions like what type of radio/speakers is in it? why didnt you just ask the dealer when you made your purchase? Im not being a smart a$$, just curious. congradulations on your purchase, im sure you will enjoy.
Lol i knew that question was going to come up well basically, I bought the car without seeing it. The dealer told me it was a brand new Evo X and it was red and that was good enough for me and i bought it. Probably not a good idea to buy first and ask questions later but evo is my dream car and they only had one which some1 was already interested in so it was a kinda now or never thing. As its an a couple of years old I got an extremely good price ($34,000) compared to $54,000 for the 2011 model. Not sure if that is expensive compared to elsewhere but for where i live its a good price i think.

And thanks for the congratulations im extremely happy!!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by SAVAGEcorpsman
Congrats on your unique Evo!
lol unique? that kinda makes me nervous, its my first time buying a brand new car (im only 22) I was mainly worried that they were trying to sell me something as something else if you get me. Dealers over here are not always the most honest people in the world!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats, start modding, get back to us, and enjoy...

Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by KJ82
Congrats, start modding, get back to us, and enjoy...

Thank you, need to get the car run in before any mods but already got it all planned out
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats, enjoy the EvoX Reminds of how I felt when I bought my first Evo, a great feeling.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:39 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you, need to get the car run in before any mods but already got it all planned out

Cool beans, don't forget to post up some pics for us so we can see how different is an Evo from Bahrain compared to U.S...!

Quick Reply: Just bought an evo x and have some questions